Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Best Place [[Website or Store) for Framed Vintage Detroit Photos?

I keep on thinking a nice framed historic photo of Detroit would look great above my couch. It would likely be long and skinny as it would hopefully stretch a good part of the couch.

Does anybody know the best place in town to find these?

Thanks

I can't be of specific help, but most picture framing places I think can print an image for you, or certainly a photography studio could. So you could find a public domain image online, or buy one and have it printed and framed there. When I finally *buy* my Detroit house, I intend to go crazy with historic pics. I even want a Hall of Fame with portraits of great Detroiters...

You can "buy" any of the images that are up on the Virtual Motor City for personal use [[meaning home display). You get a digital file that can be enlarged as big as you need and you just have it printed at a photo printer- the file will come with a letter that gives you permission to reproduce it.

http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/i/imag...vmc;page=index

Just contact reutherav@wayne.edu if you see one that you are interested in, or if you are looking for something that is not online- one of the archivists would be happy to dig around in the collection for you.

Thank you for the advice...much appreciated.

Pure Detroit at 3011 West Gr Blvd in the Fisher Blding ground floor has some awesome hand painted B&W historical photos that are framed. Well at least they did a few years back. Can't recall any being larger than say a sqaure foot, but maybe you could by a few.

Check the Detroit News Photo store, they have a great collection of historic Detroit Photos you can order framed.

Gift shop at the Detroit Historical Museum might have something.

http://www.jankaulins.com/

She has nice stuff. Ordered a couple for my office. Looks great.

When I was at Eph's, a nice woman walked in carrying a dozen or so prints. They were all pretty cool.

I bought the one of the original Vernor's location. Or was it Sanders?! Darn, I'll have to go look. We put it in the kitchen.

Don't know where she was working from...sorry. I'd go to Pure Detroit, but I do the Guardian Building.

Cheers and good luck,
    John