Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Drunken Historical Society

Last night we had our third monthly meetup of the Detroit Drunken Historical Society. It was a blast.

We pick a bar in Detroit, drink and talk history once a month. We'd love to have you join us:

http://www.meetup.com/Detroit-Drunke...rical-Society/

[[i hope this notice isn't viewed as spam)

what bars have they met at before? does everyone have to be an expert on detroit city history?

Ba-hah! Awesome - love this town.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    what bars have they met at before? does everyone have to be an expert on detroit city history?
    so far we've met at St. Cece's & Slow's private room in Corktown and Liv Resto-Lounge in Greektown. Our next meetup isn't decided yet.

We have over 200 members ranging from published authors of Detroit history to people who just moved here and don't yet know which direction Canada is.

Everyone is welcome. We're a friendly, relaxed crew.

Beer and Bela Hubbard? Prosecco and Pewabic? Tom Collins and Cass Gilbert? Nice. Hopefully one of these will align with one of my trips home.

Quote Originally Posted by michiganessay View Post
    Our next meetup isn't decided yet.
    As soon as it is decided, please post the date and location of the next meetup. I usually hear about it only a day or two in advance....and am already booked for the evening. Would like to come out some time....

I was sorry to miss the talk on Chief Pontiac!!

I'd love to go also. Check out Abicks Bar in SW Detroit.

8. Default

thanks for the heads-up on Abicks. i'll check it out.

I'll try to remember to post more details to this thread, but I am absent-minded most of the time.

If you want to ensure you hear about upcoming meetings, it's best to join the group on meetup.com http://www.meetup.com/Detroit-Drunke...rical-Society/

Fabulous idea!