Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Passenger: DDOT bus driver punched woman

This is disturbing!
    Last edited by trotwood; April-27-12 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks Jimaz.

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Thanks Jimaz.
    You're most welcome, trotwood.

The first thing that came to mind after watching that video was to be careful what you do in public. Cell phones are so ubiquitous that Big Brother is no longer needed!

This is why we need rail. Everyone would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    You're most welcome, trotwood.

The first thing that came to mind after watching that video was to be careful what you do in public. Cell phones are so ubiquitous that Big Brother is no longer needed!

Isn't that the truth! We're all Big Brother to some extent.

There's more to the story, she spit in the face of the bus driver first, that's what caused his reaction.

Assuming that's true, she got everything that was coming to her, you don't spit in someone's face.

I've never hit anyone, actually I've never even come close, but if someone spits on me I'm nailing them.

Yeah, he shouldn't have done it and he's probably in big trouble, but someone in his position probably takes a lot of crap and the spit was the last straw.

My next- door neighbor is an old lady, emotionally I'll and really aggressive. Last year she verbly attacked me when I was working outside and then she hawked up spittle and spit in my face. To this day it turns my stomach. Although I have mostly ignored her aggressions, I did make a police report about the incident as getting spit on is so filthy. But the DPD does not investigate or arrest mentally I'll people, so I was told by a detective. I guess they have to finally go overboard before any intervention.
    Anyway, I can understand that the bus driver lost it.Who should have to put up with that on the job?

Yeah ok! LOL! A can of 'whoop-ass' opened on steel railing instead of rubber tires!
    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    This is why we need rail. Everyone would be happy.

Ugh... Spitting and going on. Goodness! Please keep me off the bus a 'captive' audience to such cheerful interactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    There's more to the story, she spit in the face of the bus driver first, that's what caused his reaction.

Assuming that's true, she got everything that was coming to her, you don't spit in someone's face.

I couldn't disagree more!Granted that woman was wrong to spit in the driver's face,there's no doubt about that. However the driver's actions still aren't justified.
    As I said earlier this incident is disturbing on so many levels!!

Being a DDOT bus driver has got to be one of the suckiest jobs in the world.

Here is where I take BIG exception with the union-bashers. Yeah, these men and women are all union workers. They better be, working under such conditions. Low pay, and as if driving in Detroit traffic weren't bad enough, you have to deal with overcrowded buses full of largely the poorest people in one of America's poorest cities. Needless to say, some of these passengers lack decorum or even their mental faculties. Not to mention half the buses are falling-apart rolling shitboxes that Cuba wouldn't take.

Living high on the hog, are they? You go be a bus driver for a week...see if you last that long.

I've had some weird or surly bus drivers but for the most part they've all been pretty good. The majority have actually been professional and even pleasant, which I know I wouldn't be in that job. Mostly I just feel bad for them.

I would say that the driver was acting in self defense. Would the person spitting on the driver not be guilty of assault? She verbally abused him and then assaulted him by spitting on him, at least that is how I see it.

You never know what means a person might take to defend themself. People die in Detroit for doing much less than spitting on a person.

And if the driver were female and the passenger male would there be much argument in that scenario that she was defending herself? Abuse is abuse, no matter the gender of the abuser or the victim.
    Last edited by kryptonite; April-27-12 at 09:25 AM.

Please take a moment to imagine someone gathering spit and mucus in her mouth and then spitting it out right in your face - on your nostrils and lips. That is a filthy horrible thing to do. When it happened to me I [[who have never even raised my voice in my life!) kicked and slugged [[weakly) the woman who did it to me. I ask you why a bus driver in detroit should have to take that. There would be no other repercussion to that woman. Let her sue.

I couldn't disagree more!Granted that woman was wrong to spit in the driver's face,there's no doubt about that. However the driver's actions still aren't justified.
    As I said earlier this incident is disturbing on so many levels!!
    Spitting on someone is WORSE than punching them. The law views both as battery.

Trust me, I'd love a chance to bash on a union bus driver, as I do not like unions. I'd love a chance to say "the union will protect this guy, blah blah blah".

However, in this case, if the woman spit on him first it's totally justified. Perhaps some discipline is in order, but this man should not lose his job over defending himself.

Default The driver was right!!!

This disturbing!
    All these young azz girls get on that bus running their mouth, cussing and fussing, being disrespectful. HE SHOULD HAD BEAT THE HOOKER'S AZZ!!!!!

Wonder what kind of germs were present in her spittle [[cool word), probably not as many that resided on the knuckles of his fist, although I am against hitting a woman in any situation [[weird old fashioned habit) I guess she was the straw that tried this drivers last nerve. Unfortunately another example of the social breakdown in our society, as the law of human reciprocity diminishes we end up spitting on bus drivers. He will likely be charged three ways from Sunday and she will get paid.

P.S. The title of this thread should have read "woman spits on bus driver then gets a fist full of advice on bus passenger etiquette.
    Last edited by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83; April-27-12 at 01:50 PM.

I would've punched her too. But that guy looked a lot bigger than her, I dunno.

So 48091, I'm interested in hearing about your adamant opposition to unions and why you feel the way you do. You've posted some inferences before and maybe I missed a previous explanation. I'm not tyring to be an ahole, i'm just interested in why you feel the way you do.

Not a threadjack if the driver is unionized...
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; April-27-12 at 01:22 PM.

Buy American Guest

If the woman has AIDS, TB, or Hepatitis could there be a possible problem to the bus driver as far as infectious diseases are concerned? This was an assault on the bus driver and the girl got exactly what she deserved. She wasn't hurt at all.

Spitting on someone is WORSE than punching them. The law views both as battery.

Trust me, I'd love a chance to bash on a union bus driver, as I do not like unions. I'd love a chance to say "the union will protect this guy, blah blah blah".

However, in this case, if the woman spit on him first it's totally justified. Perhaps some discipline is in order, but this man should not lose his job over defending himself.
    I'm not commenting on which offense was WORSE than the other!I'm also not union bashing or boosting.
    I said nothing of the driver losing his job.In fact I made no mention of possible punishment for the driver. I said this is disturbing&I don't believe driver should've responded the way he did!

Quote Originally Posted by detroitmale View Post
    All these young azz girls get on that bus running their mouth, cussing and fussing, being disrespectful. HE SHOULD HAD BEAT THE HOOKER'S AZZ!!!!!

SMH!
    mtsmtsmts