Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Remember Sagebrush Shorty?

He was on Detroit TV from 1955 to 1965.

Check it out!

http://detroitkidshow.com/sagebrush_shorty.htm

black gold man,

Both the picture and the video clip are from my site. What's your point?

I remember watching this show as a little kid. Apparently, Sagebrush Shorty lived off of Chandler Park Dr. My dad used to drive by a house on a corner of Chandler Park and a side street and would point that out to us. I was so impressed that a TV star lived close to us. When I drove by that house even 30 years later, I would think of that.

Sagebrush Shorty was an east sider. He lived in Roseville before moving to 5610 Alter Road in Detroit.

Sagebrush Shorty brought in the golden age of local Detroit children's television program in 1955. By the following year to was the number one TV program in Detroit knocking The Long Ranger off its saddle. Even kid in Detroit and suburbs would come home from school or other activities, plop themselves in front of their black and white tv and watch Sagebrush shorty.

TV Westerns were very popular and very competitive in 1950s. Then all the sudden When the space race between U.S. and Soviet Union flared in the mid 1960s, science fiction was the norm.

Today TV western shows is not gaining any ground after Dr. Quinn Medicine Women left. Not a single live chlidren's TV western show pop up after Nickelodeon's "Hey Dude" series left. Some of TV westerns program are in cable TV syndication like The Waltons and Little House on the Prarie.