Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Downtown Lighting on Comerica Gothic Tower,, Finally- !!

Just got in tonight and am looking directly on the 17th floor from my place across the downtown skyline,, I liked the Ren Cen new lighting alot,, and had to blink twice at what I saw,, maybe this is old news to some but the Comerica Gothic Tower is now finally lighted up.. the same way as Ren Cen with various colors outlining the gothic tower,, I really like it,, Its making our downtown look very cool.
    Many of us have wanted this done for years due to the buildings great outlines.. Somebody is thinking..

I think there have been a couple posts about it... But I agree it looks great! Only thing I don't get is the lights seem to turn off at 2am... should stay on until 5ish at least!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedILL View Post
    I think there have been a couple posts about it... But I agree it looks great! Only thing I don't get is the lights seem to turn off at 2am... should stay on until 5ish at least!
    I'm sure they won't mind of you foot the electric bill for that time period

where are the pics showing the new lighting?

^^
    What he said!

Stromberg2

Look up the thread New lights atop Comerica tower. They have not been on since that one night...??

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the spires at the top of One Detroit Center lit on Wednesday evening. Not only were they lit they changed colors, too. It really was a great addition to the night skyline. After a couple of hours of different lighting schemes they were turned off. I called the next day and someone in the one D.C. property mgmt. department said they were testing out the lighting and he wasn't sure when the lights would be on for good.
    Last edited by skylineluvr; April-20-12 at 06:17 PM.

I took this with my cameraphone tonight

Name:  IMAG0012.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  28.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0011.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  25.5 KB
    Last edited by MSUguy; April-22-12 at 10:01 PM.

We need a shot from Windsor.

^^^^ For sure! Downtown Detroit looks great from the other side. You really get a good view and wide angle of everything instead of looking up at it...

Very cool looking at from Comerica Park on Saturday night. The colors were orange and blue - pretty clearly reppin' the Tigers.