Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Austin Antique Car Show

Sunday, June 21st - Father's Day Antique Automobile Show at the John H.
    Winters [[State Lot 26) at N. Lamar & 51st Street at Noon to 4:00 pm

I'll be right down

I am going to Detroit tomorrow so I will have to miss it. Can't wait to get home.

Answering your own posts doesn't seem to bring up you're post count.

interesting, let's see what happens with this post.

The post count increments on ALL of your posts when you add a new one. In other words, if your count was 16, and you post a new one, all of your posts will then say 17. Didn't used to work that way on the old site.

uh,,, where is Lot26 at 51st and Lamar?

None of my vehicles will make it to Austin,Guess I'LL make do with the Motor Muster at Greenfeild Village.

Thanks for the info Diane. I have to head to Lubbock on Sunday on work-related matters[[yeah, some Father's Day present!). The Winters Bldg is down the street from DPS but since it starts at noon I'll probably be well on my way up 183.
    As a side note, on Monday I'll be driving along part of Route 66 in the panhandle & plan on taking some pics.

In case some of you Detroiters CAN make it down here for the show...
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...8&z=17&iwloc=A

Is this Austin Texas???? I thought this was the car Austin-Healy!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Is this Austin Texas???? I thought this was the car Austin-Healy!
    LOL Yeah, Austin TX. Sorry for the confusion.
    But hey, if you can make it down here bring a lot of sunscreen & water because this weekend is supposed to brutal.

How are the Congress Ave bats doing? I'd like to see them other than in March.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    How are the Congress Ave bats doing? I'd like to see them other than in March.
    They're usually here until around late fall. It's been a few yrs since I last went to watch. It's like something out of a horror movie when you see them all flying out en masse.
    Here's a link to check out.
    http://www.austincityguide.com/conte...ats-austin.asp

For our local hockey team, the Ice Bats...well, they're without a home for the time being.
    http://www.icebats.com/

For our local hockey team, the Ice Bats...well, they're without a home for the time being.
    We have the DetroitYes Ccbats. Want to trade ? We'll also chip in some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    We have the DetroitYes Ccbats. Want to trade ? We'll also chip in some money.
    You better throw in a LOT o' moolah there B!
    Besides he wouldn't last very long in this climate, both environmental & political!

OT, but still car-related: Did you see where Chrysler is going to open up seven plants by the end of the month?
    http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...start-back-up/

Quote Originally Posted by MoparDan View Post
    They're usually here until around late fall. It's been a few yrs since I last went to watch. It's like something out of a horror movie when you see them all flying out en masse.
    Here's a link to check out.
    http://www.austincityguide.com/conte...ats-austin.asp
    Thanks for the link. Did you ever try the Segway tour?

Thanks for the link. Did you ever try the Segway tour?
    You know, I never have done that. Occasionally I'd run the hike 'n bike trail along Town Lake [[Colorado River), but it's so crowded now I rarely go anywhere near there. Sad because this town is really friendly in that manner.
    I tell my wife I want to do a road trip to Detroit to do some urban exploration so to speak. I really believe there could be a cottage industry for tours of Detroit's "ruins". As the saying goes, there are no bad ideas just bad marketing. Yeah, a little startup money wouldn't hurt either.
    This is way off topic & will try to make a point in the process:
    I opened up a Flickr account some time back & posted pics of a few old cars the Dodge dealer had in their showroom plus others of me in New Orleans after being called up for Katrina. What I've noticed is there are a lot of groups dedicated to Detroit/Michigan/Ohio/the Midwest/the Northeast/Route 66/Classic Cars, abandoned houses/buildings/factories, etc. And a lot of people belong to them. Obviously these people have an interest & probably willing to travel in order to photograph these things. On the surface it sounds crazy[[or insane!) to conduct an organized tour of Detroit's Fabulous Ruins. There'd be some things to clear, like ensuring you're not trespassing on private property, safety concerns, & what not; but I have no doubt someone with an entreprenaurial spirit & drive could pull it off. People come here to tour the Capitol[[which is free!), but hotels, restaurants & vendors make money from it. Yeah, a half-baked idea, now to find someone who has the other half-baked part. Ok, off my soapbox!

Preservation Wayne has tours, some of which include quasi-ruins at times.

Preservation Wayne has tours, some of which include quasi-ruins at times.
    Found their site!
    http://www.preservationwayne.org/index.php
    Thanks for mentioning it.

MoparDan, Speaking of car shows, Have you everbeen to the LoneStar RoundUp?. And If so how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    MoparDan, Speaking of car shows, Have you everbeen to the LoneStar RoundUp?. And If so how is it?
    Guilty of not going I hate to say. Now that our kids are older & not into as many activities, my wife & I are going to start living a bit more for ourselves. Plus so many events are scheduled on weekends I pull military duty; my unit is located in San Antonio. The unit did have a Family Day last month & several guys brought their rides out but I didn't get any pictures. Only one Mopar was represented & it was a vanilla '74 Duster. It was a survivor in very nice condition however.
    I'm slowly getting the wife interested in cars so she can share my passion for the old iron. There is a club of sorts that gathers on Sat nights in the parking lot of an abandoned Albertson's[[yeah, we have some "ruins" here as well! LOL) when the weather is nice. My best friend & I will usually check what's there then grab a bite at a diner next door. I just picked up a new camera so next time we go I'll snap some pics & post them.
    As a side note I'll be driving on parts of old Route 66 Mon afternoon & plan to take some shots at the "Cadillac Ranch" outside Amarillo.

The only time I have ever driven in Texas was from Amarillo to the New Mexico border.Went by the ranch, but didn"t go there. Too Bad But maybe one day.

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...0smmuseum.html
    New San Marcos car museum offers history lesson

Dick Burdick, founder of a San Marcos factory and now two classic car museums, opens his collection to the public Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    The only time I have ever driven in Texas was from Amarillo to the New Mexico border.Went by the ranch, but didn"t go there. Too Bad But maybe one day.
    I took a few pics & will post them after I get back from reserve duty.