Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Robinson Furniture

I was driving down Jefferson when I had noticed that Robinson's Furniture is going to open a store in the former Powerhouse fitness center on Jefferson at McDougall. The building was once a Cadillac dealership a while ago.

Great news, today I saw them rolling off some dumpsters in front of the Roosevelt Hotel.

" You got a uncle in the furniture business. Robison is your furniture store."

Name:  100_1814.jpg
Views: 8254
Size:  31.8 KB

I stopped by on my way home from work. There was no work going on inside, but there were a couple of signs up on the windows announcing that the furniture store would be coming soon.

It does beg the question.

Will this Robinson Furniture have any relation to the Robinson Furnitre that was on 8 Mile and Dequindre, in the Belmont Shopping Center?

I dont know if its related to the Robinson Furniture that was on 8 and Dequindre. The "you've got an uncle in the furniture business" slogan was used by Joshua Doore. You may remeber that J.ds president, Harvey Leach, weas murdered, gangland style in 1974.

LEach WAS associated orignaally with Robinson Furniture

Poor Harvey was found in the trunk of his Caddy in the parking lot behind the Congress Bldg on Southfiield south of 13 Mile Rd, two days before his wedding. Hence, "You've got an uncle in the trunkle."

Default Yes this is the original robinson furniture from 8-deq

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    It does beg the question.

Will this Robinson Furniture have any relation to the Robinson Furnitre that was on 8 Mile and Dequindre, in the Belmont Shopping Center?
    The Robinson Furniture on E Jefferson is being opened by Scott Bradley who was the original partner at 8-Deq. 313-338-3290

Opening this coming Monday!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...CFRONTPAGE%7Cp

Interesting that he's made some sales before the store is even open. That must be a good sign. Love the pic of the guy taking a bed frame home on his motorized wheelchair! And its American made!
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; June-06-12 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Opening this coming Monday!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...CFRONTPAGE%7Cp

Interesting that he's made some sales before the store is even open. That must be a good sign. Love the pic of the guy taking a bed frame home on his motorized wheelchair! And its American made!
    Beyond it being a good sign for sales I think it is very important to acknowledge an owner/employee that is willing to go above and beyond in any situation.

Detroit businesses aren't known for their 'the customer is always right mentality'. Opening the doors and making sales, even if only a few, tells me the owners realize that they are there for the customers. Not the other way around.

Hope they do well based upon the article.

Welcome back, Robinson Furniture. His timing IS really good with demand rising for residential in nearby areas of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Beyond it being a good sign for sales I think it is very important to acknowledge an owner/employee that is willing to go above and beyond in any situation.

Detroit businesses aren't known for their 'the customer is always right mentality'. Opening the doors and making sales, even if only a few, tells me the owners realize that they are there for the customers. Not the other way around.

Hope they do well based upon the article.
    A very good observation. It really is a good indication of his business sense!

Let's hope this owner meets a better fate.

Hope the new furniture store is successful, but let's remember a store that is old. Detroit Yes members may be interested to know that there is a quality furniture company, Gardella Furniture, that has been located in Detroit at 2306 Gratiot [[ near Eastern Market) for 73 years under continuous family ownership by the Gardella Family [[ in a building over a century old):

Gardella FurnitureColor & Style

Login to your Account

Do not have an account yet? Create one
    Username Password I lost my password. Please email it to me
    Looking for something specific?

Categories

Shop By Item

Please Select... ArmoiresBarsBarstoolsBedsBenchesBuffetsChairs - Dining RoomChairs - Living RoomChaiseChestsChina CabinetsCocktail TablesConsolesCredenzaCurio CabinetsDesk ChairsDesksDining TableDressersEnd TablesEntertainment CentersHome Theatre SeatingLeatherMirrorsNight StandsReclinersSectionalSideboardsSofasTable LampsTable Top AccessoriesTablesTheatre SeatingPlease Select...

Shop By Manufacturer

Please Select... AP IndustriesAicoArtmaxBraddington YoungCaracoleCenturyComfort DesignDIAEliteHancock and MooreHookerJohnston CasualsLazarOrleansPlanumSchnadigSlighPlease Select...

You got an Uncle in the trunk of your car?