Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Smoke Bros. Florist Building on Fort St, Detroit

While I was down on Fort St photographing the Distel building I noticed this very cool building across the street. I did a little photo essay of it. Pretty cool building.

http://www.motorgay.net/2012/04/smok...n-fort-st.html

I heard on WWJ this morning that an abandoned florist building on Fort Street near Dearborn Avenue burned last night or this morning. I assume this was the former Smoke Brothers business. With that, Gay, I assume you have some of the last photos of this structure. I remember this store having a rather attractive storefront up until its closing. This brightened an ohterwise drab stretch of Fort Street. Some "flint fingers" are running around Delray and environs and this appears to be their latest deed. As a result one firefighter was injured fighting the blaze and Detroit has lost yet another cool looking building.

Oh, for crying out loud.

It's almost like they follow your blog with a can of kerosene.

From WXYZ:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...-battling-fire

The fire was suspicious in origin? Really?

Another loss. I kick myself for not taking a photo of the front of this building when it was still active.