Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Royal Oak rapist

My aunt and I were talking about the most recent episode of Mad Men in which the backdrop event was the Chicago nurse murders in 1966 and how it stunned and scared the American public. She then told me about a rapist in Royal Oak some years before. She would sprint from the house to her friend's house [[a straight shot back then, now we have a fence) and made sure the door was open because she was scared the rapist would get her. Does anyone living in Royal Oak or the area remember this event? Or event the Chicago nurse murders. I had never heard of the nurse murders and got chills reading about it later. I couldn't find anything on the Royal Oak rapist through Google.

I remember the Chicago murders. Never heard of the Royal Oak story, but I was not living in the area at the time

For some reason the back of my brain is telling me the incident was in Ferndale and that the guy wasn't caught until years later.

just googled "ferndale, Michigan rapist" and this came up in google books":
    http://books.google.com/books?id=8My...rapist&f=false

hmmmm...thanks guys. This would have happened in the early 1960s maybe even the last 50s. I will ask my aunt more about it when I see her tonight.