Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Buy American Guest

Default Detroit police say man tried to sexually assault mother while she walked with baby

Last edited by Buy American; April-12-12 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Everyone is scared - nothing is sacred.

This I don't get - aren't we biologically programmed to be gentle to babies/mothers? Like the same reason we are hard-wired to like cute baby animals? You know, programmed so any life on this planet can continue?
    Not sure how someone can override that. I think many of these criminal types are not fully human - simply reduced to basest animal life. I'm normally against the death penalty but I don't think many of these people are redeemable. Like a rabid dog. Simply better off dead.

^^^ How many switches internally do you have to turn off to get here! Yet everyday someone, somewhere over-rides what should be the natural way of decency and affection for example to children and mothers, elders etc. I

This is about violence and hatred; you see this and wonder how did it get so far... I think it was one bit a time, one barrier crossed, then the next and you get these folks on the edge, out of bounds, no self-control.

A law onto themselves - out seeking someone to do what they want. Very sad...

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post

This I don't get - aren't we biologically programmed to be gentle to babies/mothers? Like the same reason we are hard-wired to like cute baby animals? You know, programmed so any life on this planet can continue?
    Not sure how someone can override that. I think many of these criminal types are not fully human - simply reduced to basest animal life. I'm normally against the death penalty but I don't think many of these people are redeemable. Like a rabid dog. Simply better off dead.
    One of the most common ways for people to lose ALL touch with their humanity and become capable of this sort of thing is imprisonment. Once an offender, always an offender...We put people in prison for nonviolent offenses, prevent them from getting real jobs when they get out, and expect them not to become violent eventually...

The offender was 19 years old!!! Tried to rape a woman with a baby and then shot her!!!!! These people are subhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    The offender was 19 years old!!! Tried to rape a woman with a baby and then shot her!!!!! These people are subhuman.
    I disagree. This kind of violence is VERY human.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post

Sorry for the typo....sacred was the word.

"No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore I am no beast." Richard III [[Shakespear)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I disagree. This kind of violence is VERY human.

How do you get that hard and heartless by 19 years old? Lately, a lot of crime has been committed by 17-19 year olds. Shouldn't they be in school? This clown should have been at the library studying for finals. Also, where is this hatred towards women coming from as it relates to the brutally of the offenses? Men have been abusive towards women for eons, but this is a new level of crime, especially these abduction cases where women are being abducted with a friend and the both of them killed. What's the cause? Lack of jobs? It's sad to think that this victim's child may grow up without her mother because this clown couldn't find a woman willing to put up with his sorry ass. No trial, no imprisonment. Just release him into the wild and let nature take its course. For me, that would be the most humane justice for an animal like this.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...it-20120412-ms

WJBK thought nothing was sacred.

People tending to the woman who was stabbed and almost raped in front of her child were using a kids blanket to try to shield the victim from the media. WJBK didn't take the hint, and still showed video of the victim on the stretcher, including her face.

WJBK also showed clear video of the other victim, the woman's young child, as she was held by a complete stranger, a police officer, after being taken away from her wounded, bleeding mother.

I thought it was disgusting to parade these victims on TV, unwillingly, while the mother still bleeds from her wounds as she was being loaded onto the ambulance.

WJBK's coverage of this story was repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...it-20120412-ms

WJBK thought nothing was sacred.

People tending to the woman who was stabbed and almost raped in front of her child were using a kids blanket to try to shield the victim from the media. WJBK didn't take the hint, and still showed video of the victim on the stretcher, including her face.

WJBK also showed clear video of the other victim, the woman's young child, as she was held by a complete stranger, a police officer, after being taken away from her wounded, bleeding mother.

I thought it was disgusting to parade these victims on TV, unwillingly, while the mother still bleeds from her wounds as she was being loaded onto the ambulance.

WJBK's coverage of this story was repulsive.
    I agree totally, but with the media, it's all about who reported the story FIRST. There is major competition between them all for ratings.

Good Lord, I find myself longing for the old days when there were some things that even hard core criminals used to do.

It used to be rare for a gunman to wildly shoot at a house when there were kids inside, no matter how bad they wanted to kill the person they were after.

It used to be rare that a robbery victim was harmed if they gave up their wallet, jacket, watch, whatever, without struggle.

It used to be rare that a house would be firebombed if there were "innocents" inside.

It used to be rare that someone would pull a gun in a busy McDonalds in the middle of the afternoon and engage in a shootout when confronted.

It used to be rare that someone would commit a double kidnapping and murder trying to avoid an assault case.

All those things are happening in greater frequency these days. And it's made worse by the fact that we have fewer police on the street to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    How do you get that hard and heartless by 19 years old?
    I've said this in a couple of other threads here.
    Things are getting more and more out of hand because there's no real threat of prosecution.

Being in jail/prison is 10x better than being on the streets scraping to get by coupled with jungle-rules mentality because once inside, you have a bed, food and can bond with the other losers you've known all your life who got there first.

These types of thugs have no morals, little to no education and zero respect for human life because they were brought up in a world with no respectable fathers and most likely a mother who can't keep her legs shut for more than 10 minutes.
    With a constant stream of drugs, guns, food stamps, misery and street rules, it's not hard at all to imagine why these animals act the way they do.

The threat of punishment needs to be much, much higher than it is now.
    No one else seems to agree but I'll say it again anyway.

We have all this empty space in the city? Let's use them for some good by building convict run farms.

Convicted of attempted rape and attempted murder? 5 years hard labor with mandatory education and ethics training. I'm talking six days a week of back-breaking farm work to grow food that can be sold at various markets. Plowing fields, building greenhouses, digging irrigation, etc... No TV, no "yard time" just loafing around.

The time of being afraid to just walk down your street is over. Instead it's time to start laying down some serious penalties and damn what the Jessie Jacksons and other bleeding hearts of the world have to say about it.

Latest news from Fox2News is that the perp is only 18 and is probably responsible for two other sexual assaults before this attempted one, and he could be the possible killer of a man in Stoepel Park earlier in the week. So, it seems that this "bad ass" decided that this week was his coming out party into manhood. Most 18 year olds look forward to registering to vote at 18 or finishing their first year in college, not becoming a hardened criminal now headed to jail for 25 years to life. What a waste.

UPDATE:

Teen accused in multiple sexual attacks is arraigned

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...#ixzz1sAL2AFZB

Default Crime and Punishment

A few reforms of the penal system are in order.

The first step should be prisoner exchange throughout the country. Anything more than a petty offense, you should be shuttled off to another state where you can't hang out with your compatriots. Special care should be taken to make sure more than one gang member is in the same unit. Also, if it appears that a 'gang' is forming, those prisoners should immediately be rotated out of the population to other prisons.

Second step - an honest attempt at reforming low level and first-time criminals. Get them training and out-placement services so they don't repeat.

Third step - a choice for hardened career criminals, or complete sociopaths like the nutjob in this thread. You can spend the rest of your life in a supermax-type facility with no chance of leaving [[or bothering anyone else) or try reform in a labor camp. Intense, hard work is the only thing that has a chance of shoe-horning character into perpetual lowlifes like this guy.

This could probably all be paid for by simply not bothering to lock up nonviolent drug offenders. Lets end that stupidity and focus on the real lowlifes first.

The rotation option is especially compelling. As it stands now some offenders are forming networks and caches of 'friends and family' within the system. That may lessen the deterrent effect of imprisonment. Rotate and hard labor for the violent offenders!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    The first step should be prisoner exchange throughout the country. Anything more than a petty offense, you should be shuttled off to another state where you can't hang out with your compatriots.

The whole system is broken beyond belief!

How could this guy go on for more than a week terrorizing a neighborhood without any kind of warnings or bulletins for the local residents?

How many real crimes are happening that nobody but the victims and their family and friends hear about?