Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default More Rats Jumping Ficano's Ship?!

Seems the poor guy just cannot catch a break any longer. Poor Ficano, nobody wants to sit with him at lunch...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2-more-top-Ficano-aides-resign/-/1719418/10562078/-/w4f35/-/index.html

It can be lonely at the top.

LeDuff interviewed him about this, and it was painfully funny, like watching a sitcom.

Name:  ficano.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  72.3 KB

Just how many people are gonna step away from this table...?
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    It can be lonely at the top.

Nobody like Ficano, The wife cheater!

While for the most part I would agree that the term rat would apply for most of Ficanos lackys in the government, there are exceptions. I think Matt Schenck was one of the few people left who had any kind of integrity. I was surprised he had not jumped ship earlier. I grew up with him and I cannot imagine that he would have taken part in any of the crap going on in the guardian building.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok1981 View Post
    While for the most part I would agree that the term rat would apply for most of Ficanos lackys in the government, there are exceptions. I think Matt Schenck was one of the few people left who had any kind of integrity. I was surprised he had not jumped ship earlier. I grew up with him and I cannot imagine that he would have taken part in any of the crap going on in the guardian building.

I am happy to learn this...but I wonder how plagued he was during his tenure by the things happening around him?! Some of it seemed quite blatant, and if he WAS clean as a whistle...he might have been some use to authorities trying to figure out how deep the corruption was rooted, and the extend of its infestation.

So, the rats and one possibly cool cat...get off the ship before the captain puts it into the rocks, distracted by yet another curvy or flashy thing. Saw this before...

Cheers!

Great post G... Love the imagery you painted there! ----
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    So, the rats and one possibly cool cat...get off the ship before the captain puts it into the rocks, distracted by yet another curvy or flashy thing. Saw this before...

And the hits keep coming!!! http://www.freep.com/article/2012042...tigation-finds

More stench from the walls of the Guardian building. Another 3 highly paid Ficano appointees who look to be there just to keep the cronyism alive and well

Like with KK the "Friends and Family" plan continues!

As noted in the first paragraph of the article

Three top aides to Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano devoted much of their county work time to raising money for Ficano's political and nonprofit operations, with more than $500,000 they generated going to companies connected to families or friends of two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Like with KK the "Friends and Family" plan continues!

As noted in the first paragraph of the article

Three top aides to Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano devoted much of their county work time to raising money for Ficano's political and nonprofit operations, with more than $500,000 they generated going to companies connected to families or friends of two of them.
    Joann Abdenour was pulled in by Matt Schenk for the sole purpose of working on Ficano's campaign during working hours. They worked together for years in Sheila Cockrel's office, where the exact same thing was going on. In fact, let's face it, we all know that this goes on inmost political offices. Some get caught, some don't.