Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Packard Plant Caretaker

I came across this story about a guy who lives in the Packard plant:

http://jalopnik.com/5901008/meet-all...ard-auto-plant

wow, if the Detroitblog guy got a nickel for everytime somebody jocked his shit, he'd be living next to Kid Rock by now.

This is pretty interesting. What part of the plant is he living in? Also, I wonder how he manages to get internet hooked up? Perhaps he steals cable from someplace and does it that way?

Or maybe he called COMCAST.

He must live in the building that is closest to i94. It seems to be untouched

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    He must live in the building that is closest to i94. It seems to be untouched
    Separate building from Packard although it used to be a part of,[[built for the aircraft engine assembly?) different owner hence the blocked up inaccessibility just like the building this guy is in,used to be a part of, but no longer ,it was connected by a bridge over the tracks in the past but it was scrapped down and out ,but it is cool for the headlines to add Packard into the mix.

Al has a huge heart, he's meek, street and world savvy. He works with Peacekeepers from around the way on Chene helping those trying to get off the streets and drugs. He plays a big part in his church and takes ppl in from Peacekeepers to help them find a new way of living after getting off the street teaching them mechanics and also how to work with other churches around the country.

Or is it Peacemakers? The dude who runs that project needs to be written about, old biker gone good.

Or is it Peacemakers? The dude who runs that project needs to be written about, old biker gone good

http://www.detroitblog.org/?p=2061

Default from detroitblog...

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Al has a huge heart, he's meek, street and world savvy. He works with Peacekeepers from around the way on Chene helping those trying to get off the streets and drugs. He plays a big part in his church and takes ppl in from Peacekeepers to help them find a new way of living after getting off the street teaching them mechanics and also how to work with other churches around the country.

Or is it Peacemakers? The dude who runs that project needs to be written about, old biker gone good.

Thanks guys.
    That sums it up. What a great guy.

The video I saw on this guy indicated that he is being paid by someone who owns the building to stay there and act as a watchman, and that because of this the electricity to his living area is turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldlady View Post
    The video I saw on this guy indicated that he is being paid by someone who owns the building to stay there and act as a watchman, and that because of this the electricity to his living area is turned on.
    Which is correct and if that building sells hopefully the city will let him have one of the abandoned churches or a suitable property so he can continue his good work.