Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Lamber, Edwards, & Assoc. Office in Detroit

http://www.freep.com/article/2012041...xt|FRONTPAGE|p

More good news. I really like how what swayed him was the all-for-one attitude. That's what Detroit and SE Michigan needs.

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012041...xt|FRONTPAGE|p

More good news. I really like how what swayed him was the all-for-one attitude. That's what Detroit and SE Michigan needs.
    Agree – great news! Great location too!

Good stuff! I am sure a lot of small to medium-sized companies are taking note.

And the momentum continues. MORE and MORE jobs coming to the heart of Downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    Agree – great news! Great location too!
    I may be overlooking it, but by the article I can't tell where this will be. The only place I know of with a sand floor is the space on Campus Martius. but the view out the window is telling me I am wrong.

8,600 square feet on the ground floor of space on Broadway adjacent to the Detroit Opera House garage. He's across the street from the Gilbert-owned M@dison Building, where DVP is located, but didn't end up leasing in a Gilbert-owned property.

From the article linked above

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    8,600 square feet on the ground floor of space on Broadway adjacent to the Detroit Opera House garage. He's across the street from the Gilbert-owned M@dison Building, where DVP is located, but didn't end up leasing in a Gilbert-owned property.

From the article linked above

I thank you! I must have seen that annoying M@dison and did not bother to read the paragraph!

http://thekraemeredge.com/index.php/...r_design_group

They will be located right below Kraemer Design Group at the corner of Broadway and East Grand River.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    And the momentum continues. MORE and MORE jobs coming to the heart of Downtown.
    Do we have a number for all of the employees downtown? The number after all these moves?

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    Do we have a number for all of the employees downtown? The number after all these moves?
    The only numbers I've seen are BCBS - 6,000 and Quicken - 4,000, but I'm sure it's more than that for both companies now.

It's across the street from the Y, not the Madison.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I may be overlooking it, but by the article I can't tell where this will be. The only place I know of with a sand floor is the space on Campus Martius. but the view out the window is telling me I am wrong.
    Well, it's not really across from the Madison - it's a block to the south, directly across Broadway from the Boll Family YMCA.

So, I imagine that the Opera House garage office space is now full, what with Kraemer Design and these guys. That was a long time coming. Its sort of an oddly designed space, if you ask me. Its like they created a big glass box to fill out the block after they built the parking structure. This is probably the only instance I can think of where I like the parking structure better than the attached commercial space.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    So, I imagine that the Opera House garage office space is now full, what with Kraemer Design and these guys. That was a long time coming. Its sort of an oddly designed space, if you ask me. Its like they created a big glass box to fill out the block after they built the parking structure. This is probably the only instance I can think of where I like the parking structure better than the attached commercial space.
    You are correct 53 our retail space is now fully occupied. The retail section of the garage was a requirement for building the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    You are correct 53 our retail space is now fully occupied. The retail section of the garage was a requirement for building the garage.
    This is a good idea. However, I wished that actual retail would had opened in that spot. The strip has great potential. No more sports bars for Broadway. I still think that a sport n goods store that sell national brands gear would do good on Broadway near the YMCA.

I think that the requirement for new parking structures downtown is "commercial on the first floor". They probably made it the shape and location it was at based on parking structure needs [[square or rectangular). It's just too bad that the Centre St. side of the parking structure has no commercial space.

But this is a win-win for the Detroit Opera House. Not only do they get a lot of revenue generated for parking [[especially during Opera's or game days), but now their commercial space is full. It is odd however, that they have dirt floors in that space.

SteveJ Guest

Well its a whopping 12 people. I know its better than nothing but still. This article seemed like an advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    IMO a BD's Mongolian BBQ would fit perfectly in that spot -- and do very well! Founded and based in Michigan, but without a Detroit location – it’s time!