Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default City Council Candidates

Does any one have or know where I can get the the names of the 167 people who are running for City Council[[minus incumbents and those facing criminal proceedings)?

wassup D,

Don't know how current this list is, considering recent events. lol.
    http://detnews.com/article/20090513/...-Council-seats

lol yeah I know ri....good lookin out J..

That list is too long which shows why a change is needed for electing council members. I do understand getting a job paying 81,000 a year is hard to pass up but this will mean that people will vote for people who names they recognize.

oh jeez, not again with the name recognition nonsense. I get so tired of people singing that same old dumb song. Just what the hell does that mean anyway? And who was the first idiot to state it?

What it means is that incumbents and Motown singers win our council elections.

MATT NAIMI FOR CITY COUNCIL!
    www.vote4growth.com

joangist.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jmil View Post
    oh jeez, not again with the name recognition nonsense. I get so tired of people singing that same old dumb song. Just what the hell does that mean anyway? And who was the first idiot to state it?
    So, it is nonsense huh!!!!! Okay, then tell how you through the names of 200+ candidates to get 18 names? This is not the Presidental primaries. There are no real debates. You can't get 200+ candidates in a town hall session to ask them questions about their politics. So again, how you through the names of 200+ candidates to get 18 names?

I have in mind three candidates I will vote for. I also thought I would not vote for a woman for council after the stupid antics I've witnessed. I changed my mind and will vote for Sheila Jackson. I will only vote for eastside candidates since I am sick of having our east area ignored for the most part. I hope other area residents support local citizens for Council. We need strong neighborhood representation for all parts of the city. I live in EEV and as part of the Next Detroit, we are getting some special attention. All of Detroit deserves special attention. Vote for candidates that represent your area.

Former Fox 2 News anchor Charles Pugh is definately running for City Council.

Detroit needs new leadership. This city is sick and tired of Coleman Young, Dennis Archer and King Kwame Kilpatrick lefteovers. They have to go.

So far we Dave Bing for Mayor. He's for business not for parties. He doesn't want to live in the Manoogian Mansion.

Detroit needs to move forward and it would start with NEW LEADERSHIP!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Former Fox 2 News anchor Charles Pugh is definately running for City Council.

Detroit needs new leadership. This city is sick and tired of Coleman Young, Dennis Archer and King Kwame Kilpatrick lefteovers. They have to go.

So far we Dave Bing for Mayor. He's for business not for parties. He doesn't want to live in the Manoogian Mansion.

Detroit needs to move forward and it would start with NEW LEADERSHIP!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Detroit needs GOOD LEADERSHIP. Remember, Monica Conyers and Martha reeves are new. New doesn't matter if the people that are new aren't good.

is Humphries, Andrew D. the weather man from channel 4?

I have the list for all elected positions but I don't know how to post it as an attachment here. If someone will tell me, I'll send it on.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitcorky View Post
    is Humphries, Andrew D. the weather man from channel 4?
    I don't think it is the weatherman. I looked up this ADH and found nothing but an address. Search his name and you should find a list of the candidates with their addresses listed.

Nolan Finley wrote an article on May 29, 2009 about whom the business community wants on council. Some of the people named, will not receive my vote. It is well worth the read. The business community wants to spend a Million bucks to promote their selected people according to Finley. Sounds like buying a candidate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Does any one have or know where I can get the the names of the 167 people who are running for City Council[[minus incumbents and those facing criminal proceedings)?

City Clerk's office Room #200 Coleman A. Young Municipal Center. 313-224-3270.

Quote Originally Posted by MsChievous View Post
    I have the list for all elected positions but I don't know how to post it as an attachment here. If someone will tell me, I'll send it on.
    It has to be one of the approved file types [[.jpg, .bmp, .gif, .pdf, .doc, .psd, etc). If it is then just click on reply and then manage attachments and follow the instructions. The "manage attachments" button appears in the field below where you type your response.

Thanks Crumbled...Here you go [[I think). Nope, the file is too big so here's a link to city's website where you can find it.

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/Departme...8/Default.aspx

This is why we need elections by district. I'd rather sort though 15-20 names for my district than look at that staggering list of names. Courious...could we lower the salary or is that a fair salary for a council member in this size of city? Not even sure if it would help.

This is why we need elections by district.
    Or simply raise the number of nominating signatures to something a little less easy to come by in one Sunday after services. Half the list disappears right there.

Until there are by-district elections, you just have to research the people who are from your area and force them to pledge allegiance to English Village, or New Center or where ever you are. Don't vote for anyone who won't tell you their platform or what they believe in. Because, they don't know what they believe in; that's not why they're running for office. You have a right to active and ardent representation; get it.

Retroit Guest

Did anyone watch the candidate interviews last night on PBS Channel 56.2?

I was thoroughly unimpressed, although some of them were quite comical, like the woman who said she was experienced to be a council member because she had been pulled over by the cops numerous times.

I was impressed by the one named Sharon Bell....she didnt seem like a political insider in local politics and she has some fresh, realistic ideas....

www.sharonbellforcitycouncil.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jmil View Post
    You don't get it?

Explain how idiots like Martha Reeves and Joel Loving, the Subway shop manager got elected. Oh, for those who don't know, Joel, being the offspring of the late Mayor Young and his mistress, changed his name to Coleman A. Young, Jr. Instant political success.

Name recognition. It's easier than doing the research.

Can we put together a solid DetroitYES! slate?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast