Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Thieves Break Into Home, Shoot and Kill Homeowner

Only item stolen was a TV set

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/thieves-break-into-home%2C-kill-homeowner-20120407-rs

So what else is new? Really sad that you have to be a prisoner in your own home. I'm glad they caught those three asswipes that killed those two girls though.

Buy American Guest

Where is Sharpton? Where is Jackson? Where is the outrage?

What a sad state of affairs in Detroit.

People have become so blase, so callous, that when they read or see on TV about these incidents, they sigh and respond "so what else is new?"

This should become Detroit's new motto.

SteveJ Guest

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...it-20120406-ms

A person steals a vehicle and crashes and gets his head decapitated. The worst thing was that residents were taking pictures with the head.

Buy American Guest

Exactly my point^^^^^

No respect for human life, no apathy, no sympathy, no compassion.

Yes, where is Jackson for example? Just last month Chitown has been a murder fest lately twenty-nine shot, three dead: Chicago violent weekend and his response to that? ....**crickets**....

Interest conveys motive it can be argued. Not enough cameras and what all for the lives of these two women who defied the 'no snitchin' culture paying with their lives. YES HE AND AL SHOULD HAVE RALLIED FOR THIS ON THAT NOTE ALONE! But nope. They're not coming to Detroit for this. This double murder does not have the 'bling' POLITICAL factor required for their engagement, interest or presence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-08-12 at 01:21 PM.

I recall as CSI: Miami episode where a person was thrown up into a tree from a car accident. I wonder if that was the case here, or did someone move the decapitate body to that roof top... uhhh!

People have become so blase, so callous, that when they read or see on TV about these incidents, they sigh and respond "so what else is new?"

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yes, where is Jackson for example? Just last month Chitown has been a murder fest lately twenty-nine shot, three dead: Chicago violent weekend and his response to that? ....**crickets**....

Interest conveys motive it can be argued. Not enough cameras and what all for the lives of these two women who defied the 'no snitchin' culture paying with their lives. YES HE AND AL SHOULD HAVE RALLIED FOR THIS ON THAT NOTE ALONE! But nope. Nope, they're not coming to Detroit for this. This double murder does not have the 'bling' factor required for their engagement, interest or presence.
    We all know why Sharpton and Jackson show up for "certain" crimes. Black on black means nothing to them because it's so common place. A white on black crime means headlines and publicity for them to show up and scream injustice and racism. Where were they when the white landlord was shot by the father of a women they were about to evict and the father was dealing out his street justice??? Again...*crickets*.

It's unfortunate what happened to the guy, but it was his own stupidity that led to his demise, if not outright darwinism. It was bad enough he stole the car, but then he was driving dangerously with it.

I would love to see the pictures of the decapitated head myself. I mean what's the point in taking pictures if you're not going to share them with others? I'm pretty sure the now decapitated guy would want to see them as well if he were still alive and it were someone else.

It's not so much in an attempt to disrespect him or his family, but there's just something fascinating about how our bodies can react to those type of deaths and thinking back as to how it could have happened. You tend to wonder what was going through their heads when they died.

It's why a lot of people are also into gore in movies.

The natural progression of homeowners shooting intruders is that intruders will become more violent and shoot [[stab, beat, etc.) homeowners without waiting to see if they are armed or not.

Haven't seen Al or Jesse in Pasadena yet.

And then there's Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post

I would love to see the pictures of the decapitated head myself.
    Huh? What the fuck? You into that kind of thing?

I for one hope I lead a long and peaceful life without having to see a decapitated head or dismembered person. I thank my parents for raising me properly and treating me respect for life. It seems like most of the people left in this city are sadists or completely amoral. Probably better off to be raised by a pack of wolves.

this is a crazy thread. you want jackson and sharpton to put on batman costumes and go find these killers? what do they have to do with this story? and whats the other car theft/crash story doing in here? all i want to know is what size tv they killed this guy for? this is all the fault of 'no snitchin'? lets say you're in your house and you hear gunfire. are you going to race to a window and look around? or are you going to stay low to avoid more gunfire? who are you going to be a witness against? the suspected murderer that the dpd released on tether due to not having enough funding/jail cells to hold him?

Well relative to my comment, I don't want expect Jackson/ Sharpton to come find the killers. But I find it interesting that they only surface when the evident is expedient to their politic: black on black crime is not useful. And yes, a thread can go off track sometimes as there are other related items that come up - of some not so related that come up.....

UMM, btw does it really matter what size of the TV or is that side issue as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    this is a crazy thread. you want jackson and sharpton to put on batman costumes and go find these killers? what do they have to do with this story? and whats the other car theft/crash story doing in here? all i want to know is what size tv they killed this guy for? this is all the fault of 'no snitchin'? lets say you're in your house and you hear gunfire. are you going to race to a window and look around? or are you going to stay low to avoid more gunfire? who are you going to be a witness against? the suspected murderer that the dpd released on tether due to not having enough funding/jail cells to hold him?
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-08-12 at 05:08 PM.

Okay, I'm not a fan of either Jackson nor Sharpton, can't stand them, actually. But they are not the representatives of the black community and they cannot be everywhere. They do only participate in situations involving the violation of civil rights, or, situations that have wide ranging implications - and publicity. They are not the national black spokes-team for black crime.

Stop asking where they are every time there's a crime involving black folks. That's not their job or their responsibility. Nobody is responsible for the state of our communities but the people living and working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Okay, I'm not a fan of either Jackson nor Sharpton,

But they are not the representatives of the black community
    They certainly think they are.

And now that Tulsa PD has arrested two skinhead types .......

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/08/us...ngs/?hpt=us_c2

One could make the case that Bill Cosby is out there talking about black-on-black crime, parental and community responsiblity. Too many times folks look at the black community as monolithic with only one or at most two voices. Al and Jessie have the things that they focus on. And Bill has the issues he focuses on.

Years ago I read a book about Jesse in which he stated in so many words that his mission was to march to bring light to injustice not necessarly to stay around and address and solve [[that was for somebody else to do) the systemic issues that caused the injustice in the first place.

Once I read that I knew I would never follow Jackson to the corner store much less a march or rally.

What exactly are Sharpton or Jackson supposed to do regarding this incident?

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    What exactly are Sharpton or Jackson supposed to do regarding this incident?
    I can't speak for everyone else, but here's my feeling on Sharpton and Jackson. Both of them are well intended. They put the necessary spotlight on social injustices, and they advocate on behalf of the powerless and marginalized. I generally am not a fan of either of them because their choice to use incendiary language to attract attention seems more polarizing than but I also understand that they play in a political battlefield where this type of behavior is rewarded.

Note, I have the same aversion to incendiary language and political tactics coming from the Tea Party or Reverend Terry Jones.

Here's why I specifically am annoyed with Sharpton and Jackson. Jackson comes into town to advocate against the consent agreement, and "state takeover". Mind you, the one thing that would actually prevent either from being necessary is an ability to pay our bills. Does he have a proposed solution to that? I don't know...because he never actually addresses the question. But he sure as hell knows one thing, the people in Lansing should stay in Lansing. Well, that's just fucking great, Reverend.

And so what does he have to do with this case? Well here it is: it's easy for Reverend Jackson to come into town storming in and whipping everyone up into a frenzy about the consent agreement. Meanwhile, Detroit is collapsing.

If you are a Detroiter, then it doesn't matter of you're white, black, mexican, polish, asian, whatever...you worry about crime. And even though we worry about it to different degrees, it's on all of our minds. It kills our house insurance and our car insurance.

If you could just use all that energy getting everyone angry and use it to deal with the crime problem, then maybe our car insurance would return to normal. Maybe our house insurance would come back to normal. Maybe I could convince my parents and my friends to join me back in the city. Maybe all that new tax revenue will help balance our budget. And then maybe a consent agreement or EM wouldn't even be on the table.

Jackson, you are a powerful, powerful person. People listen to you. You have influence. Why don't you work with local law enforcement to end the no-snitch culture. Work with community leaders to coordinate citizens to protect themselves. Teach the community to find non-violent ways to resolve conflicts.

I don't blame Jackson or Sharpton for anything going on in Detroit right now. But if you're going to come down here and use your power and influence, why don't you use it to repair the societal dysfunction going on in the community. Because that's what's destroying us. That's what makes people afraid of me and my city. That's why it's hard to attract talented leaders to come here. That's why I have to *defend* Detroit every time I leave the city limits.

You wanna fix things? You want to avoid Lansing from stepping in? Then accept that Detroit is filled with the poor, the uneducated, and the violent. People can and are willing to work with the poor and the uneducated. But the violent words and violent actions? That's what destroys us. Look at the language used by JoAnn Watson and Shabazz. Does anyone think that had any positive effect at trying persuade anyone?

For me and for many -- especially the people who have power, money, and can help -- all it did was solidify that Detroit politics is sometimes like dealing with unruly children, acting solely on emotion, and refusing to see reality.

Poverty is not a choice.
    Education is not a choice.
    But violence? That's our own fault.

That's the reality right now. If we could teach ourselves to refrain from violent words and violent actions, then we can make progress on the poor part and the uneducated part. Mankind makes a serious evolution in progress when it realizes that anger is distinct from violence -- both violent words and violent actions. Detroiters are badly in need of gaining that understanding.

Once we do, you will not believe the deluge of people who will be willing to come and help with the education...and then the poverty.
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; April-08-12 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I can't speak for everyone else, but here's my feeling on Sharpton and Jackson. Both of them are well intended. They put the necessary spotlight on social injustices, and they advocate on behalf of the powerless and marginalized. I generally am not a fan of either of them because their choice to use incendiary language to attract attention seems more polarizing than but I also understand that they play in a political battlefield where this type of behavior is rewarded.

Note, I have the same aversion to incendiary language and political tactics coming from the Tea Party or Reverend Terry Jones.

Here's why I specifically am annoyed with Sharpton and Jackson. Jackson comes into town to advocate against the consent agreement, and "state takeover". Mind you, the one thing that would actually prevent either from being necessary is an ability to pay our bills. Does he have a proposed solution to that? I don't know...because he never actually addresses the question. But he sure as hell knows one thing, the people in Lansing should stay in Lansing. Well, that's just fucking great, Reverend.

And so what does he have to do with this case? Well here it is: it's easy for Reverend Jackson to come into town storming in and whipping everyone up into a frenzy about the consent agreement. Meanwhile, Detroit is collapsing.

If you are a Detroiter, then it doesn't matter of you're white, black, mexican, polish, asian, whatever...you worry about crime. And even though we worry about it to different degrees, it's on all of our minds. It kills our house insurance and our car insurance.

If you could just use all that energy getting everyone angry and use it to deal with the crime problem, then maybe our car insurance would return to normal. Maybe our house insurance would come back to normal. Maybe I could convince my parents and my friends to join me back in the city. Maybe all that new tax revenue will help balance our budget. And then maybe a consent agreement or EM wouldn't even be on the table.

Jackson, you are a powerful, powerful person. People listen to you. You have influence. Why don't you work with local law enforcement to end the no-snitch culture. Work with community leaders to coordinate citizens to protect themselves. Teach the community to find non-violent ways to resolve conflicts.

I don't blame Jackson or Sharpton for anything going on in Detroit right now. But if you're going to come down here and use your power and influence, why don't you use it to repair the societal dysfunction going on in the community. Because that's what's destroying us. That's what makes people afraid of me and my city. That's why it's hard to attract talented leaders to come here. That's why I have to *defend* Detroit every time I leave the city limits.

You wanna fix things? You want to avoid Lansing from stepping in? Then accept that Detroit is filled with the poor, the uneducated, and the violent. People can and are willing to work with the poor and the uneducated. But the violent words and violent actions? That's what destroys us. Look at the language used by JoAnn Watson and Shabazz. Does anyone think that had any positive effect at trying persuade anyone?

For me and for many -- especially the people who have power, money, and can help -- all it did was solidify that Detroit politics is sometimes like dealing with unruly children, acting solely on emotion, and refusing to see reality.

Poverty is not a choice.
    Education is not a choice.
    But violence? That's our own fault.

That's the reality right now. If we could teach ourselves to refrain from violent words and violent actions, then we can make progress on the poor part and the uneducated part. Mankind makes a serious evolution in progress when it realizes that anger is distinct from violence -- both violent words and violent actions. Detroiters are badly in need of gaining that understanding.

Once we do, you will not believe the deluge of people who will be willing to come and help with the education...and then the poverty.
    It would be nice get some help in Detroit, but they really don't have any power and influence over anyone hear. Coming to Detroit and leading a few Marches insnt going to change anyone's behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

I really don't care about the headless car thief, or Al or Jessie.

I just think it is a shame someone was murdered in their own house.

I really don't care about rehab or any of that garbage, I would like to see those responsible for killing this man, fried in an electric chair.

Default Detroit is only a worst case scene

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    It would be nice get some help in Detroit, but they really don't have any power and influence over anyone hear. Coming to Detroit and leading a few Marches insnt going to change anyone's behavior.
    I left Detroit more than 40 years ago. I was transferred to Grand Rapids. The movers were amazed when I nailed my furniture to the floor, Detroit style. I was amazed when they would accept my Detroit bank checks without a check cashing card, a photo ID, and a blood relative who worked at the store vouching for me. I have moved a few more times since then. When I left Michigan, I moved to a house that was 150 years old--and there were NO LOCKS on the doors. There were latches to keep the wind from blowing them open, but no locks.
    I have since become accustomed to the idea that locking your doors keeps the cleaning lady from being able to get in. All of the cars at the local store have keys in the ignition, beca

No, the natural result of violent intruders invading your home is that you should, and will, react with violence to protect YOURSELF!! NO HOME INVADER has ever been shot unless they have invaded a home. Anti-gun laws only apply to law abiding citizens. By definition, criminals ignore all laws, that is what makes them criminals.

Homeowners 2
    Thiefs 1
    Jeep 1

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    It's unfortunate what happened to the guy, but it was his own stupidity that led to his demise, if not outright darwinism. It was bad enough he stole the car, but then he was driving dangerously with it.

I would love to see the pictures of the decapitated head myself. I mean what's the point in taking pictures if you're not going to share them with others? I'm pretty sure the now decapitated guy would want to see them as well if he were still alive and it were someone else.

It's not so much in an attempt to disrespect him or his family, but there's just something fascinating about how our bodies can react to those type of deaths and thinking back as to how it could have happened. You tend to wonder what was going through their heads when they died.

It's why a lot of people are also into gore in movies.
    That wasn't a movie.

I'd vomit if I saw something that horrific.

What the hell is wrong with people? Geezus.

Quote Originally Posted by rural dweller View Post
    Anti-gun laws only apply to law abiding citizens. By definition, criminals ignore all laws, that is what makes them criminals.
    Not true. Anti-gun laws make it much harder for criminals to get guns.

States with strict gun laws have close to 100% of guns used in crimes traced to loose gun law states.

The fact is that it's dangerous to have millions of guns circulating. IMO, the 2nd Amendment has been totally misconstrued for political reasons, and we're all less safe as a result. You can't buy a beer legally, but you can buy an arsenal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast