Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Mike Ilitch in Detroit

anyone know what Detroit neighborhood Mike Ilitch grew up in? Wikepedia says he went to Cooley but not much else

According to Home in Detroit Mike Ilitch [[2008, T. Burton) grew up at 8216 DeSoto. In 1957 Mike and Marion Ilitch lived at 7321 Chalfonte.

Once i was served Cookies on a platter by Marian Ilitch while we drywalled
    Denise's basement.

Another job was a sound studio for Atanas.
    Jim and mike Romeo worked for him. We all worked together on the drywall. They were my helpers a son of a billionaire and two rock and roll stars.

OK three stars?

During year 1986, Lamont was featured bassist on this composition entitled, "Suger Summer". It appeared on "Atanas Ilitch's" debut album. [[Family member of Detroit Tigers, Red Wings & Litte Ceasers Pizza Owners) He was a very talented singer and dancer

Last edited by black gold man; April-05-12 at 10:04 PM.

That's some pretty cool insight, thanks Black gold man.

I think i am going to have a suger summer.

I'm glad that Atanas beat his bout with cancer. He's referred to as the "creative Ilitch", and this shows why.

I have a feeling that he's somehow responsible for the United Artists complex being stabilized and mothballed, but haven't been able to verify that. I know that he's good buddy's with Dan Gilbert, so maybe there's still something going to happen in the future with that building being rehabbed.

This was not long after brain surgery and he seamed to be doing real good.
    were talking 12 maybe 15 years ago. This studio was not downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    According to Home in Detroit Mike Ilitch [[2008, T. Burton) grew up at 8216 DeSoto. In 1957 Mike and Marion Ilitch lived at 7321 Chalfonte.
    Boyhood home looks like many classic Ilitch owned properties:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=8216+D...Wb9W5jebbDjyTQ

Occurrence Guest

You still can't beat their Madison-Lennox parking lot. Adds much needed character downtown.

Here is more ATANAS
    http://wtf-film.com/site/2010/09/17/...y-massacre-ii/

"Courtney is plagued in her private life by recurring violent dreams in which a rock-and-roll madman [[Atanas Ilitch) with a massive drill bit on the head of his guitar massacres her family and friends in a visceral and almost prophetic way."