Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default New Detroit-centric blog and website!

First and foremost, I'm a longtime reader of this and many other similar forums but this is my first post.

I understand that to many forum regulars another blog paying homage to Detroit can be redundant. Nonetheless I'd like to announce my new blog headsupdetroit.com/blog which is currently live as well as my more comprehensive website headsupdetroit.com, again dedicated to Detroit, which will be launching soon.

Born out of pure love, passion and adoration for the city I was born in, married in and which saw the birth of my son, the blog will highlight positive news stories related to the city while the website will offer videos, photo galleries, charitable information, development news and much more!

Our City. Our Dreams. All that is missing is you. I know as well as anybody that our beloved town has a long way to go to reclaim its status as a World Class City but I figured that a positive attitude can go a long way in helping turn the corner and I was tired of sitting idly by and really wanted to make my mark and help change the world.

Please help spread the word and try to keep it positive. I am also hoping to create a brand [[Heads UP Detroit) with a potential clothing/merchandise or swag line to launch down the road....keep an eye out for the logo[[s).

Name:  heads up detroit alt logo.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  8.0 KBName:  heads up detroit brand logo.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  9.8 KBName:  heads up detroit logo.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  13.7 KB

Please feel free to contact me at OurCity@headsupdetroit.com with any questions, suggestions or it you'd like to contribute.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Johnny Detroit; April-03-12 at 04:46 PM.

hey johnny, just out of curiosity, did you get permission to use that image in your banner? a good friend of mine took it and i know he is usually a stickler about use. if you didnt get permission i would suggest either contacting him or taking it down since he owns the rights to the shot.

southen, thanks for the HEADS UP! I could not find contact information but have taken it down. I don't want to step on anybody's toes

Congrats on the new blog, Johnny. I have been keeping a record of new Detroit developments since December 2010 with links to articles. It might be worth looking at for past developments, renovations, and business openings: http://www.city-data.com/forum/detro...elopments.html

That's fantastic BrushStart, thanks a ton! As with any new endeavor there will be growing pains with the website/blog/brand as I continue to learn and tweak along the way so please be patient with me. Thanks again!

Welcome and likewise congrats with the new site! I spent some time checking it out, and it looks great. I started a Detroit blog last September. It's http://www.detroitvideodaily.com/ Take a look when you get a minute. Good to see another positive force online!
    -DVD

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Congrats on the new blog, Johnny. I have been keeping a record of new Detroit developments since December 2010 with links to articles. It might be worth looking at for past developments, renovations, and business openings: http://www.city-data.com/forum/detro...elopments.html
    Ah that's you? I'm not a member over there but that Detroit development thread has been bookmarked for well over a year. Great stuff.

Good luck with your blog Johnny, will be keeping tabs on it!