Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Rosie O'Grady's-Ferndale

Anybody know when the new location is supposed to open, if not already? I haven't been in town for a few weeks so I'm out of the loop. Their website doesn't have an opening date posted. Thanks

Is that what they are building at the corner of Allen and 9 Mile, where Sam's Jams used to be? If so it looks like it has a long way to go.

I was way up on 23 Mile in Chesterfield and drove past a Rosie O'Grady's. Hmmm...not the best location but oh well.

Bullet Guest

The new location is opening only a few dozen feet from my back door. This is a point of contention with me and city. After voicing my concerns to council, their reply was simply ‘They are doing nothing illegal’ Translation: sucks to be you. Ferndale has been on an aggressive rebuilding of the downtown area moving to an entertainment base from retail. This is done with little or no regard to those of us who live here, sighting the change in zoning as their cart blanch to do as they wish. The sale of alcohol, live bands and late night foot and auto traffic through our neighborhood has eroded our quality of life to an almost intolerable level. The opening of Roses in the weeks to come with finish us, as our house will become nearly uninhabitable. I suggested they are not supported with your business.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    The new location is opening only a few dozen feet from my back door. This is a point of contention with me and city. After voicing my concerns to council, their reply was simply ‘They are doing nothing illegal’ Translation: sucks to be you. Ferndale has been on an aggressive rebuilding of the downtown area moving to an entertainment base from retail. This is done with little or no regard to those of us who live here, sighting the change in zoning as their cart blanch to do as they wish. The sale of alcohol, live bands and late night foot and auto traffic through our neighborhood has eroded our quality of life to an almost intolerable level. The opening of Roses in the weeks to come with finish us, as our house will become nearly uninhabitable. I suggested they are not supported with your business.
    I'd imagine that the appropriate noise ordinances are still in effect in Ferndale, aren't they? Parking restrictions on residential streets? Make them listen to you one way or the other. Unfortunately, the commercial district has been there a long time. It's not always convenient to be living next to a commercial district.

It probably does suck, I wouldn't want to be living next to a club. Nevertheless, your "nearly uninhabitable" downtown Ferndale home is probably worth 2X - 3X what it was ten years ago, if that's any solace. Things are quieter over in Hazel Park or Oak Park but your house is now worth much more than a similar one in the non-trendy neighboring towns. Maybe cash out now and move? You'd be trading up at an opportune time.

"The new location is opening only a few dozen feet from my back door. This is a point of contention with me and city. After voicing my concerns to council, their reply was simply ‘They are doing nothing illegal’ Translation: sucks to be you. Ferndale has been on an aggressive rebuilding of the downtown area moving to an entertainment base from retail. This is done with little or no regard to those of us who live here, sighting the change in zoning as their cart blanch to do as they wish. The sale of alcohol, live bands and late night foot and auto traffic through our neighborhood has eroded our quality of life to an almost intolerable level. The opening of Roses in the weeks to come with finish us, as our house will become nearly uninhabitable. I suggested they are not supported with your business."

Bullet is over reacting. What he leaves out is that if the new location is "near his back door", the old location was only a few hundred feet further away. I'm pretty sure I've seen him on the replay of the council meetings. While I disagree strongly with his position, he does have the right to voice it. As far as ordinances, yes, we have noise ordinances that have been refined through the years of positive development in our downtown.

Bullet uses fallacy as a means to further his poor position. Bullet needs to "bite the bullet" on this matter.

The new location is opening only a few dozen feet from my back door...
    Um, you all but gave us your street address. Fork over your SS# and it's identity theft!