Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default R Hirt Jr Co update?

Any word on the status of R Hirt Jr Co re-opening at Eastern Market? It's presence is sorley missed...

I poked my head in a couple of Saturdays ago and someone [[I believe it was the owner based on a picture I had seen) ushered me and a couple of other people inside to show us the renovations. The floor was cleared and it seemed most of the changes were already complete. Previously, I had heard that the old system would be preserved, but this seems to not be the case. The cashier "cage" near the front is gone, opening up floor space to prevent a bottleneck from forming.

Anyway, to answer your question, he said they are shooting for "Mid-April." So hopefully that means it will be open in just a couple of weeks!

Seems renovations always take a month or two longer than they say. They were shooting for mid-March. Seems like they're running late, but sounds encouraging.

I got a peek inside. It does look a little more modern than 1912.

Name:  rhirt.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  45.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I got a peek inside. It does look a little more modern than 1912.

Name:  rhirt.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  45.6 KB
    Thanks Nerd, do you think it will be open this saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    Thanks Nerd, do you think it will be open this saturday?
    I really don't know. It sure looks like it's almost done, though, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I really don't know. It sure looks like it's almost done, though, doesn't it?
    Yeah, would hate to see that salsa go bad!

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    Yeah, would hate to see that salsa go bad!
    The shop is open.