Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Wayne county parks annual Marshmallow Drop

Who's going/taking kids to the marshmallow drop? I must admit I'd never heard of it before stumbling across it on the Wayne county official website.

Why is it that you can't eat the marshmallows if you so choose?

Also if someone can post pics it would be interesting.

http://waynecounty.com/events/resident/5666.htm

Please share this information with those around you in case they did not see this flyer.

• This event is NOT competitive. There is no grand prize.
    • You only need ONE marshmallow to receive a treat.
    • Regardless of how many marshmallows are collected,
    • each child will receive one treat.
    • Do not eat the marshmallows.
    • Stay behind the roped area until we announce when to enter the
    • PLEASE HELP US CONTROL THE AREA SO NO ONE RUNS UNDER THE HELICOPTER.
    • After your child picks up one or more marshmallows, move to the treat area [[under the shelter at Nankin Mills and on the tennis courts at Elizabeth Park) to redeem them for a prize.
    • The three separate age groups are 4 & younger, 5-7, and 8 & older.
    • You may get separated from your kids. Make arrangements before the drop for a meeting place. The ideal place is the stage area.
    • Please be patient as you leave. Keep an eye out for little ones walking between cars in the parking lot.

Sponsored in cooperation with Trenton Parks & Recreation and Westland Civitans.
    A BIG thank you to our sponsors - ITC Holdings, Fox 2 and Fresh Detroit 100.3

I might take my kid this year. He mentioned he wanted to go. We've been to the one at Elizabeth Park a few times. I think we might go to Nankin Mills this year just for a change. The Marshmallow Drop has been going on for years, at least 20 that I can remember. You don't want to eat the marshmallows primarily because they're being dropped on the ground, which in my past experience, has often been muddy.