Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Bing Buying Kilpatrick Re-Treads

I thought Bing said he was about change? Now he has hired Kilpatrick groupie Karen Dumas to be his Communications Director and he re-appointed Kilpatrick's Finance Director who also comes with a lot of baggage. Aren't there any other talented Detroiters to get to know? From the Free Press:

http://www.freep.com/article/2009060...tions+director

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I thought Bing said he was about change? Now he has hired Kilpatrick groupie Karen Dumas to be his Communications Director and he re-appointed Kilpatrick's Finance Director who also comes with a lot of baggage. Aren't there any other talented Detroiters to get to know? From the Free Press:

http://www.freep.com/article/2009060...tions+director

It's no secret to anyone that Bing was a big supporter of Kwame's, and was supported by the same groups that supported Kwame, heck, he pretty much won by the same margin that Kwame did.

Bing's marching orders by Detroit Renaissance is the same as Kwame's, the only difference being to push for more privatization since he's a lame duck and doesn't have to worry about how people feel about him in 2013.

Everyone is saying that they wanted a political outsider running things. Now they've got it.

hopefully there will be more people of better character and upright demeanor and competence as time goes on..

So, do these people have a bad past or is the issue simply that they worked for Kwame? I seriously have no background on these two.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    So, do these people have a bad past or is the issue simply that they worked for Kwame? I seriously have no background on these two.
    from what I know of Dumas, she was a columnist for the Michigan Chronicle and may have had a local radio-talk show.. I clearly remember her appearing on WXYZ's Spotlight on the News [[and also a Fox 2 discussion), there was a panel discussing the mayoral race, Detroit's deficit and what kind of things can be done to improve the city.. The issue of right-sizing/urban farming came up and she was totally aghast, inferring that it "sounds too much like.. a plantation".. she was being dead serious but the dimwittedness struck me as comical.. I'm glad that Hantz Farms is moving ahead with their project.. it can show people that it can work [[and put people to work)..

Christine Beatty hated Dumas - thought her a rival for Kilpatrick's affections. And who is to say she wasn't onto something.