Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Elliott Building on Woodward

I was walking past the Elliott Building yesterday and there appears to be some work being done on the ground level space. I heard a rumor several months ago that some people involved with the Broderick redevelopment were looking at this building as a possible next project. Does anyone know if there are plans for this building?

Thats from before the Super Bowl if I remember right. I think it is obvious that plan is dead. But would love to see it hapen.

I'll repeat a rumor -- a rumor -- that I heard late last year. According to the source of the rumor, DEGC controls the building and, based on the "success" of the Somerset Shops, wanted to turn it into six floors of year-round retail. I'll try to get back to the source to see if he has any more rumors to share. lol

Also has anybody noticed how the lights in the building next door seem to be on some kind of intermittent strobe? Different lights in different rooms will flash randomly at night. Nice to somebody being creative with it, albeit in a small way.

Not sure if there is any connection, but at noon today the large “Shame on Beal” protest sign was one storefront over from the Elliott building…hmmm. Beal was part of the original Elliott project team several years ago.

Gumby.....
    .....you sure about that? The copywrite on the Kreamer Design website is 2011, the Super Bowl [[we lost 21-6....sob....) was in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    Gumby.....
    .....you sure about that? The copywrite on the Kreamer Design website is 2011, the Super Bowl [[we lost 21-6....sob....) was in 2006.
    I could be wrong. After reading the description on the side it does appear to more up to date. Also I seem to remember there being more designs from the old plans.