Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Buy American Guest

Default Protesters disrupt financial review board hearing in detroit

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/P...z/-/index.html

Racial slurs, white supremacy comments; "before we let you take over Detroit, we will BURN IT DOWN FIRST"....

I don't want an EM, I don't want bankrupcy, I don't want a Consent Agreement for Detroit, but this kind of rhetoric is encouraging people to disobey the law, it's encouraging them to start more fires, it's encouraging them to go after "whitey".

The City of Detroit has not been managed correctly for years. The administration has not done it's due dilligence. The "elected" officials that the people of the City of Detroit voted for have not done their jobs and most of them have raped and pillaged the city until the coffers are dry. This is not the States' doing, this is Detroit's doing.

Since when has Detroit become a separate entity? Since when has it become "owned" strictly by blacks? What the hell are people talking about when they make this a black/white thing. I have said it all along...some Detroiters don't want what they perceive as "white" Lansing to come in and try to salvage what's left of Detroit. They would rather see it go into an even deeper decline than it is today than to let Lansing help.

Detroiters are not receiving services like police or fire, garbage pickup, street lighting, parks are not being maintained, yet they think it can be handled from within....by whom??? No one has done a thing to stop this from happening and some have committed felonies while managing Detroit. thug KK is a perfect example, Monica Conyers, Sam Riddle...and the list goes on. If the black people who "own" Detroit want respect and want to be heard, don't threaten to BURN THE CITY DOWN.

One thing is certain...it's going to be a long, hot summer.
    Last edited by Buy American; March-27-12 at 08:43 AM.

I could not believe I was hearing what I heard...I saw it on the news.......it twisted something in my gut. granted...I've ONLY been a Detroiter for 50+ years...but makes me want to leave today...right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_uke View Post
    I could not believe I was hearing what I heard...I saw it on the news.......it twisted something in my gut. granted...I've ONLY been a Detroiter for 50+ years...but makes me want to leave today...right now....
    I'm not a Detroiter so I won't pretend to know how it makes you feel but do you really believe these few nutcases are representative of the average Detroiter who is, hopefully, a lot more like you?

I couldn't believe that the protestors, who are also Detroiters, therefore my "neighbors" felt this way.....When the initial shock wore off I reminded myself that this was indeed a small group. I am glad that their words were captured on film, the internet, the press, facebook and what have you....What they said on camera is going to change alot of their relationships...I really have to digest all of this. That is not how one acts at a meeting. Especially when there is a group trying to help your city.

Buy American Guest

Surely this group of protesters spewing this venom can't represent all of Detroit.

What a shame though, that this is what is on the news for all to see. This is what some who live outside the city think the entire city of Detroit is like. This is what keeps people away and makes people afraid to come. I wouldn't want any of those protesters living next door to me.

Ultimately, this is what will kill Detroit, not Lansing. The mindset of some Detroiters is that the city belongs to them and they don't want outside help. Joann Watson is big on that premise. The pastors of all the churches in Detroit, real and otherwise, who don't pay a dime of taxes are all behind this kind of movement. Maybe Bing should start making the churches pay taxes, then the pastors would have more say and the City would make more money.

It seems the presenters at the meeting need to be prepared to establish order and provide a structured environment for comment. What a maelstrom!

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    It seems the presenters at the meeting need to be prepared to establish order and provide a structured environment for comment. What a maelstrom!
    Had Andy Dillon or any white person on that board tried to establish order by asking security to remove the loud protestors or the rude protestors or the swearing or insulting protestors, they all would have pulled out that big RACE CARD and the meeting would have exploded.

These people are not Detroit. They are a vocal minority and just that. They should be ignored and at best laughed at.

Review board members present:

Andy Dillon
    Frederick Headen
    Conrad Mallet, Jr.
    Isaiah McKinnon
    Glenda Price
    Irving Reid
    Doug Ringler
    Shirley Stancato
    Brom Stibitz

It's sad.

There have been people who have shown up in support of a state intervention, however, they are treated most harshly by the crowd.

I once spoke out at a Warren city council meeting about a subject. I was one of the few sane people that wanted to shut down an old outdoor pool that had a temporary dome put on it during winter. The pool was used by few, but cost tons of money.

When I came up to the microphone and stated my opinion I got booed, harassed, and interrupted. A sitting council person even questioned me about how long I lived in the city [[because I was in my mid-20s at the time).

These people at this meeting are probably not representative of the majority of people in Detroit. However, through their uncivilized behavior they've created an atmosphere where the only opinions that can be stated are their own. That is the democracy they want, the one where only they get to speak and all others are drowned out and threatened.

Don't let these people anger you, the vast majority of folks want solutions, the minority of folks want to shout, stir, and whine.

Buy American Guest

^^^How can a person NOT pay attention to this minority group when their actions are plastered all over the evening news? If you didn't know Detroit and saw this type of action, you'd be scared to death to visit or move there.

When 700,000 people in Detroit want 9-plus million people in Michigan to bail them out of the hole that they dug themselves into, a little bit of "Please" or "could you possibly" or "Kind gentlemen" might go a long way.

About 40 seconds into the video, some fool decided to keep it real and held up a can of Arizona Iced Green Tea and a bag of Skittles...because the killing of a black youth in Florida has everything to do with Detroit's current financial situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    ^^^How can a person NOT pay attention to this minority group when their actions are plastered all over the evening news? If you didn't know Detroit and saw this type of action, you'd be scared to death to visit or move there.
    I agree it's very, very prominent in the media. However, the media LOVES to paint Detroit in this way, because it sells papers and raises ratings.

I find it frustrating, especially the race-card allegations, but let's just keep things in perspective, with the perspective beings that most folks in Detroit probably don't agree with the vocal minority.

Warren has had the same shenanagians at council meetings, with the vocal minority whining and crying at every single meeting because their trash can was broken, or their rec center was closed, or their constitutional right to swim in the winter time in an outdoor pool underneath a temporary dome was violated.

GUSHI Guest

Wow-what is a mostly white city in mi, had some of it's residents say shit like that, what a fkd up double standard, it not their city, it's eveyones city, race card, give me a fkn break, the president is black, with out whites the city would be in worst case than it really is, annex downtown, let these people have the rest of the city, the waste lands,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    This. Public meetings in Detroit on controversial issues are always kind of chaotic, and this shouldn't be any sort of surprise anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I once spoke out at a Warren city council meeting about a subject. I was one of the few sane people that wanted to shut down an old outdoor pool that had a temporary dome put on it during winter. The pool was used by few, but cost tons of money.
    That was a nice pool. I miss it.

"before we let you take over Detroit, we will BURN IT DOWN FIRST"....

Seems like that has been the plan for the last 40 years or so. It is time for a new plan.

GUSHI Guest

You think they gonna punk the governor, bring in the national guard, "we gonna burn it down",

Protesters use this technique BECAUSE IT WORKS! They learned it from 'By Any Means Necessary'.

Protesters are mostly not ignorant. In fact, they're quite smart. They know what works.

Buy American Guest

What I'd love to ask one of those protesters would be this....where the hell were you when thug KK, ya'lls boy, was stealing right out of your pockets? Where the hell were you when Monica Conyers was robbing the pension funds? Where were you when the other friends and family of thug KK were extorting others for their own gain? Now Detroit is at the bottom, lower than the bottom, and you don't want the outsiders to come in and try to straighten their mess up....you want to handle your own mess with your own elected officials, who, by the way, are not doing one damn thing to get Detroit running efficiently at all.

Do you all know that Detroit is not paying it's bills to vendors who supply Detroit Police and Detroit Fire with uniforms and equipment? The vendors are refusing to let Detroit order any more merchandise until their bills get paid....what a joke. Police can't get an effen uniform replaced unless they pay for it themselves,....Firefighters can't get dress uniforms unless they pay for them...civilian employees can't get decent equipment to work with....where is the outrage for this folks?

Don't blame Lansing for wanting....no, not wanting...having to come into Detroit and get some responsible people on the inside to make sure that money is being spent on things it's meant for, not to line someones pockets. This isn't Lansings fault, you're shooting the messenger!!! Bing has had plenty of time to fix things and he has failed. He's a nice man, maybe too nice, but he failed. Clowncil is more interested in posturing before the cameras...Puke is making a video on good eating habits and exercise...while the City is drowning, he's showing off his six-pack. What is he thinking? What clowncil member would pull a stupid stunt like that?

48091 I hear you and understand what you are saying. Right now I'm venting because I am so damn mad that this ugly picture that I watched today was even permitted...they should have all been thrown out of the building but I know that everyone has to walk on eggshells because they certainly don't want to be called a racist or an Uncle Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    48091 I hear you and understand what you are saying. Right now I'm venting because I am so damn mad that this ugly picture that I watched today was even permitted...they should have all been thrown out of the building but I know that everyone has to walk on eggshells because they certainly don't want to be called a racist or an Uncle Tom.
    That was my first reaction as well. I got my venting out by reading the Freep.com reader comments. I then wrote my gut-reaction. Deleted it. Then wrote my second reaction.

Don't get me wrong, I want to slap those protesters silly. I'm against a consent agreement, I'm for a full takeover. I don't think this council or Mayor can be a part of any solution. Let them watch from the sidelines. In addition, an EFM will have powers that council and Mayor do not have to deal with union contracts that greatly benefit union members, while not benefiting residents very much.

I've got a few friends that live in Detroit proper, some white, some black, and they all welcome an EFM.

Fools will be fools. Grab a broom and get to work fixing our city, idiot protestors. No responsible person opposes state intervention. None of those protesters is a responsible person. They are fools who would rather die than take medicine. Fortunately, they aren't making the decisions in this city.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    That was my first reaction as well. I got my venting out by reading the Freep.com reader comments. I then wrote my gut-reaction. Deleted it. Then wrote my second reaction.

Don't get me wrong, I want to slap those protesters silly. I'm against a consent agreement, I'm for a full takeover. I don't think this council or Mayor can be a part of any solution. Let them watch from the sidelines. In addition, an EFM will have powers that council and Mayor do not have to deal with union contracts that greatly benefit union members, while not benefiting residents very much.

I've got a few friends that live in Detroit proper, some white, some black, and they all welcome an EFM.
    We will have to agree to disagree on the EFM. A Consent Agreement would be better if it can be worked out. As for the unions in the CofD, being a Lieutenant [[ret.) from the City of Detroit Fire Department I am all union, but that's a whole other topic.

Buy American Guest

One more thing.

That jerk who made the statement "before we let you take over Detroit we will BURN IT DOWN FIRST" needs to be arrested. He made a clear threat to Detroit and if this was anyone else, they would be cuffed and carried out of that meeting. I saw the entire statement he made and he indicated that he was some sort of officer who fought "black on black" crime and in my opinion, no person who is sworn to uphold the law, to protect and serve, should ever make a racially charged, practically inciting a riot remark like that.

SteveJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Fools will be fools. Grab a broom and get to work fixing our city, idiot protestors. No responsible person opposes state intervention. None of those protesters is a responsible person. They are fools who would rather die than take medicine. Fortunately, they aren't making the decisions in this city.
    I agree. Problem is that quite a few people in Detroit think with this stupidity. Thats why Detroit is one of the least educated, crime riddled, and poorly run cities in the world. Yeah, lets hold up a bag of skittles and iced tea. Idiots. After this video, forget about mass transit. This video basically proves why everyone bailed to the suburbs and nobody is going to want to get on the bus with the "kill whitey" people.
    Last edited by SteveJ; March-26-12 at 08:30 PM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast