Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Neighbor left his dog you want it.

Nice dog looks like small gold retriever 1 yr old.
    They have been gone 5 days dog left on its own.
    Come get him. PM me for info.
    BGM

Makes me sick.

How long did they have the dog?
    How do you spend any time at all with a dog and then just dump it?

If I were you I would take him/her to a no-kill shelter. They'll check the dog out and makes sure its healthy and find a good home for it. They'll charge someone a couple hundred bucks that'll cover their costs.

Good for you for looking out for the dog.

I'd be in, but I'm in a condo with a 1 dog limit.

I second the no kill shelter, and wonder how someone can just leave the dog. I'd say "they wouldn't leave a child" but know people are capable of anything.

Trying to cut red tape dog is not secured he is staying at the house
    unleashed for now. I will try to get him to the shelter soon.
    Would like someone to come get him now it is a good dog.

Almost Home is a great shelter, 25503 Clara Lane, Southfield.

No such thing as "No Kill" Shelters in Michigan. Plenty of No Kill Rescues though. Go to www.petfinder.com an put in your zip code, it will give you a list of local dog rescues. I would suggest Detroit Dog Rescue, but unless it's going to get them some press they really aren't interested. And Almost Home is a rescue, not a shelter...there is a difference.

Almost Home will take any dog, and the dog will be sheltered until a home is found. Dogs that need medical treatment get the help they need. Almost Home gets the dogs that Southfield Animal Control catches. It is a good place, volunteer help and donations always welcome of course. They recently took in a dog that had been shot and left on the freeway, dubbed Freeway of course. He is recovering well and has now been adopted by the man who found him and brought him to Almost Home.

http://almosthomeanimals.org/

http://www.allaboutanimalsrescue.org/

http://www.heroesforhomelessanimals.org/

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MI755.html [[A Scooters ResQ)

Good luck. A lot of rescues are bursting at the seams due to the common abandoning of animals in homes lost to foreclosure. I have had personal experience with Heros, All About Animals, and Scooters. All very good no kill rescues. A cash donation to help with the expense of vaccinations or HWT is always appreciated and in some cases required in order to surrender the animal. These rescues run on donations, not federal and state monies. Again, good luck. I am in awe daily of the cruelty of man towards animals. Thanks for being part of the solution.

What ever happened with the dog?

I'm curious too, where did the poor thing end up?

Pic of the dog might go a long way in finding a home. Can you put up a pic? The Hamtrmck shelter near 6 mile would be my pick.

Good for you, good work Black Gold Man.