Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Matty's Next Move?

Is anyone else wondering why Matty's next move is?

I find it difficult to believe that he's just accepting MDOT's win in the 'your money or your life' sweepstakes.

Our fine local papers coverage doesn't go into much depth. Is the duty-free really going to be torn down?

Something's up.

Did you see the latest headline today? They tried to get control of the project back from MDOT. The judge denied it but they are appealing.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

God damn do I hate this bastard.

I'm betting that Moroun has something to do with the closing of Riverside Park due to "contamination" that just happened a couple of days ago. He's been trying to get his hands on that park and get it closed to the public for years.

Since that land has been a park going back to the time the Ambassador Bridge was built, any contamination has been there for decades, almost certainly since the industry on that property was torn down to allow the bridge to go through. But this closing may be just the wedge Moroun needs, and so I wouldn't put it past him and his company to have been the ones to bring any possible contamination to the attention of the authorities.

Any bets that Matty rides in like a hero with the money to "decontaminate" the park? In return for allowing the Bridge Co. to take it over a large portion of it and build their second span through there, of course. Who knows, he might even get someone in power to intercede for him with that pesky Coast Guard for that sort of altruistic public service...
    Last edited by EastsideAl; March-22-12 at 11:53 AM.

You can forget his 2nd Bridge without Canadian consent. They've said NO and I don't see how he can change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    You can forget his 2nd Bridge without Canadian consent. They've said NO and I don't see how he can change their mind.
    Then he'll get Canadian consent. Perhaps a few more robocalls. American-style politics is heating up in the fair land to the south. Their left hates Harper so much, they're willing to do anything. [[Yes, I do think the Canadian ultra-left is blowing up the robocall scandal, to their own ends.) I rather like Harper. Seems rather practical.

So back to my point -- don't underestimate Matty. He'll work to find a way to do what's best for himself until he takes the bridge of no return.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; March-22-12 at 01:34 PM. Reason: back to the point

UH yeah ,so how's the repairs of the windows at the train station/MCD going ? anybody remember that ? remember that PR stunt when he was in court?
    That was REAL convenient ! As soon as the spot light soften you haven't hear ANYTHING about that ? with a S.O.B
    Not that I really expected he would do ANYTHING that would benefit the city.
    Not that BILLIONAIRE that's made BILLIONS off the city and has a horrible image in the city , would spend a couple thousand dollars to at least maintain his property .
    Unless it benefits his pockets he could care less about anyone or anything . He could care less about the comeback of Detroit , He should take a page from Penske, Gilbert, Karmanos, hell even Mike ilitch.
    obviously he doesn't care what his legacy will be in Detroit .
    You only get a SOB like his attention when you pull his purse strings, that got his attention. Then the bridge company complains they are being taken advantage of because they have to give the money to the state ,and this is an example of the "government " taking over a citizens money, are you kidding me ?
    He's had time after time to play fair and his done EVERYTHING in his power to thumb his nose at the citizens of Detroit , well buddy here ya go , even though you can screw over the little guy you ain't going to get over on the state on this one ! it's a case of a super rich guy trying to get over on the government , when they had a "agreement". 99 % of the time you are going to loose.
    He's already had most of the legislature in his pocket with the bridge , thank goodness they didn't have to "VOTE" on finishing this project , they probably would have left him off.
    Here's a cause where his money couldn't save him. It must have scared the poop out of him ! He better check his underwear ;-)