Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Kid Rock Buys a House in Detroit

Kid Rock buys a 10,000 sq. ft. house in Indian Village for $550,000.00...But will he live there?

http://www.freep.com/article/20120315/ENT04/120315075
    Last edited by MidTownMs; March-16-12 at 06:16 AM.

The house is located on the east side.....

I believe it's in the Berry Subdivision, several doors from the Manoogian Mansion.

Ms.,

You merely synthesized a few data points from the article together and came to a probably incorrect conclusion. They never said where the house was...the writer simply snuck in that anecdote from the suburban agent showing Mr. Rock the house in Indian Village, proving he's been searching for something.

I don't know where Barrow lives...but if I had his cash I'd have a mansion with a boathouse a few doors down from the Manoogian, too.

Who's got the skinny on this?! LOL...Kid seems to want to shut everyone up who says he doesn't support the city.

Cheers

At least the house is "Made in Detroit" -

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Kid Rock buys a 10,000 sq. ft. house in Indian Village for $550,000.00...But will he live there?

http://www.freep.com/article/20120315/ENT04/120315075
    Realtor Joy Santiago, who owns Dwellings Unlimited in Farmington Hills, said she knew Kid Rock had been looking for a house in the city because she showed him one of her listings last year.
    It was a nearly 10,000-square-foot house in Indian Village priced at $550,000. “I got the impression that he was going to preserve the house, but he didn’t end up buying it,” she said. “He was definitely looking for something in the city of Detroit.”

I think you are confused about which house he bought.

Hey, whether it's a 6,000' sq. in Berry or a 10.000' sq in IV, at least someone with some $$ is moving into the neighborhood. That means he has an 80 + year old house that someone is gonna have to do some work on, someone is gonna have to cut the grass, trim the bushes, etc.

Consider the alternative, like the the 90's, when people with limited funds bought beyond their means all those houses in Boston Edison, then couldn't afford to repair the roof, paint the outside, or cut the grass. Or worse, did the work themselves. I've been in lots of those houses & they are not pretty, unless you like pink walnut trim.

A quick white page search with the given information gives away where the house probably is.

The Linns are in Joseph Berry, on the River. He thus bought in Berry.

I'm sure he bought one of those on the river...there are only a few. If I could live anywhere in Detroit, it would be there.

Great news all around. Hats off to him for making Detroit home; way more important than just tossing money and slogans around.

So much for "no one wants to live in Detroit."

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Hats off to him for making Detroit home; way more important than just tossing money and slogans around.
    Where does it say he's "making Detroit home"?

I assume he, like most celebrity types, owns multiple residences.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    Consider the alternative, like the the 90's, when people with limited funds bought beyond their means all those houses in Boston Edison, then couldn't afford to repair the roof, paint the outside, or cut the grass. Or worse, did the work themselves. I've been in lots of those houses & they are not pretty, unless you like pink walnut trim.
    Sorry to threadjack, but this is sadly so true. It probably happened to an even greater degree during the early to mid 2000's when feeding the Goldman Sachs vampire squid, not to mention the needs of the other investment bank bonus pools, meant anybody with a pulse could borrow $250K.

These borrowers' non-existent due diligence and poor financial management skills meant that unforeseen $500/mo utility bills and $750/mo mortgage payment increases when their teaser rates expired quickly rendered their homes unaffordable. No money left over for $3K leaky roof repairs or $8K boiler replacements. And yes, in aftermath of some of these short-term owners, there are a lot of B-E homes that now require serious interior decor remediation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Where does it say he's "making Detroit home"?

I assume he, like most celebrity types, owns multiple residences.
    "Rock had planned to live in the home and asked about its suitability for a sound system, Santiago said. "
    when he was looking in IV.

Yeah, I know, I don't believe he is going to come home each day after a 9-5 and sit down on the couch with a six-pack. However it seems that insofar as musicians have a home/homes this is his/one of his. I'm proud that he chose Detroit and not California or the suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    You're correct Indian Village is, in fact, on the Eastside.

Appears to be on the river [[just like I previously posted, on the east side).....

Attachment 12321

Wow! 4 hours, 33 minutes, to track down the house. You guys are good.

"Rock had planned to live in the home and asked about its suitability for a sound system, Santiago said. "
    when he was looking in IV.

Yes, but that means it likely won't be an investment property. It say nothing about whether it will be a primary residence.

bartock Guest

Yes, but that means it likely won't be an investment property. It say nothing about whether it will be a primary residence.

So what, it will be maintained and the bills will be paid.

The Linns are in Joseph Berry, on the River. He thus bought in Berry.

I'm sure he bought one of those on the river...there are only a few. If I could live anywhere in Detroit, it would be there.

Great news all around. Hats off to him for making Detroit home; way more important than just tossing money and slogans around.

So much for "no one wants to live in Detroit."
    The house is the last house on Dwight Street on the opposite end of the street where the Manoogian Mansion is.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    So what, it will be maintained and the bills will be paid.
    I totally agree, but the implication was that Kid Rock is moving to Detroit, not that Kid Rock is buying a property in Detroit. Two very different things.

Party on Dwight Street!!! There have been some epic parties on that street – Kid Rock has some big shoes to fill!

I'm proud that he chose Detroit and not California or the suburbs.
    Bham1982 is correct in his assumption that Mr. Ritchie, like most celebrity types, owns multiple residences; he has actually chosen all of the above.

Not a bad place for a summer hang, the Detroit River in the backyard and strategically well-placed in terms of privacy for him and his celebrity friends.

Stripper-friendly, too, nary a Louisville Slugger in sight.

I totally agree, but the implication was that Kid Rock is moving to Detroit, not that Kid Rock is buying a property in Detroit. Two very different things.
    Does Donald Trump live in New York or at his large estate on the Atlantic in Florida? Really, when you're that rich it becomes a pointless argument... except perhaps on your tax return...

For those of you who remember [[and had visited) the former Hoy Tin Chinese Restaurant in the River House [[co-op tower) nearer the water than the neighboring Jeffersonian Apts., this house is the first one [[most westerly) of the mansions along the water. It's the one that many have probably dreamed of owning, with its' grouping of large trees on the property and its' "Tara lookalike" appearance.

Good for him... whether he lives there full time or only part time... it really doesn't matter... at least he's spending his money in Detroit!

What are the city income tax implications on earned income if it is not his primary? How does that work?

It will get interesting when he puts his flag up.

Attachment 12325

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    What are the city income tax implications on earned income if it is not his primary? How does that work?
    Just speculation here... but I assume he makes a bundle of money... which would imply that he's not going to have this as his primary residence. But to add more confusion... aren't performers/sports stars required to pay income taxes where they perform/play? .... at least in some states? Methinks the income tax implications are pretty complex for people like Kid Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    It will get interesting when he puts his flag up.

Attachment 12325
    Naw..... a flag that big would block the view of the river....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast