Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Bagley Bar opens in former Skipper's Stray Dog Bar in Michigan Building

I encountered this Saturday. The Bagley Bar [O'Bagley's until after St. Paddy's] was having an unannounced soft launch.

Those familiar with the 1980's famous / infamous Skipper's Stray Dog Bar will know where it is although being all painted up and reconfigured it will appear differently.

For now it appears it will only be open on special event days, like Tiger game, St. Paddy's, etc.

Wow huge difference. Too bad the old bar back is gone. It was classic.

It was open a few times last year too. I remember going there during opening day and a few others as well.

Lowell is this the same "The Bagley Bar"?
    http://www.examiner.com/bars-in-detr...eater-building

If so, are Matt & Virginia still running it? The Bagley Bar had the best soups and sandwiches... and if it is changing, I wonder if the menu will change a lot. I'll have to ask the "boss".

The Bagley Bar was where I had my first taste of Captain Morgain's "Parrot Bay Rum" on the rocks.... yum!!

And their part time chef... Mikey.... she made the best Chicken Noodle Soup around.....
    Last edited by Gistok; March-14-12 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Called it "Bagley Grille" instead of "Bagley Bar"

paging 1keilsondrive........