Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kwame releasing a docu-film ya!

Kwame Kilpatrick is soon going to release a docu-film named "The Real Kwame Kilpatrick" made by sister Ayanna Kilpatrick Ferguson. In this film you will "know" the real Kilpatrick. It will show the ex-mayor daily life and will also have a interview with his wife Carlita.
    Here a link to the
    trailer,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R_UG...layer_embedded
    Detnews article,
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...upcoming-movie

So this is the real Kwame, not the lying, cheating, stealing, conniving Kwame we all thought we knew. This should be good. The movie should really clear things up for a lot of us.

Default Kwame

A movie about Kwame should be in 3D and be a Horror story! Do you think there will even be One word of Truth in this film? I hope Kwame returns to prison soon, I'm tired hearing about him!

First in with a Kwame2012 reference

Sounds like he and his family are still trying to milk the last dollar they can out of the gullible lost sheep of Detroit.

We already know the real one lol

Kwame is disgusting. The real Kwame can afford to pay his restitution, but yet does not.

Let's hope the real Kwame gets thrown into federal prison for a long time.

bizarre. Especially with the pending federal trial, one might think that he would veer toward a more conservative arc [[though his living arrangements obviously belie that), avoiding such things that could potentially be used against him in court. A self-produced "documentary" seems to be egregiously reckless. Oh, well.

Hah! Oh boy September is going to be interesting when the federal cases start!
    Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Let's hope the real Kwame gets thrown into federal prison for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    bizarre. Especially with the pending federal trial, one might think that he would veer toward a more conservative arc [[though his living arrangements obviously belie that), avoiding such things that could potentially be used against him in court. A self-produced "documentary" seems to be egregiously reckless. Oh, well.
    How exactly is this guy managing to have the government pay for his legal team on top of it all? Certainly curious, that's something I can't even begin to comprehend.

Worthy also had asked Michigan Corrections officials to review and modify his restitution payments after a November report in The News about Kilpatrick's move into a $372,000 home in Grand Prairie, Texas.

The 5,000-square-foot home is larger and more expensive than the family's last rental, but Kilpatrick is claiming poverty to qualify for taxpayer-funded criminal defense lawyers and low restitution payments...

Last month, The Detroit News reported that Kilpatrick said he is so broke he had to borrow money to pay his $160 restitution to the city in January...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...TRO/203130377/
    Apologize for restating the obvious but there must be something larger going on with the federales, difficult to understand them allowing someone to flaunt such blatant disregard for their intelligence. Perhaps this is one of those "give 'em enough rope" situations?

Quote Originally Posted by bopcity View Post
    How exactly is this guy managing to have the government pay for his legal team on top of it all? Certainly curious, that's something I can't even begin to comprehend.
    Maybee him not having a JOB will help you "comprehend." Remember he had a job and was paying thousands of dollars a month. Hell he's already paid more restitution than CB owes, but the media say stuff like she paying more and KW goes crazy. He was thrown in jail for getting a LOAN. Lost his job where he was paying the city thousands of dollars per month and now is unemployed. Hmmmm. Maybee if they would have honored their agreement in the first damn place he may have paid alot more by now. Remember the deal KW made w/ him. jail time, 5 years probabtion, 1 mill restitution paid in that 5 YEARS, turn over pensions etc. Well into the 2nd year outta 5 AFTER he has paid over 6 figures and is paying every month, they lock him up, bassically cause they dont like where/how he's living. WOW, and yall wonder why...

Setting aside the "witch-hunt" perspective that his defenders still hold relative to Kwame Kilpatrick, his approach to paying his restitution in the beginning speaks to his perspective of being wrongfully charged. Therefore he has been resistant in paying, which only brought about more investigation into WHY? Dovetailing into leads and the brew-hah re hidden moneys, etc.

I don't agree with how the media has handled all aspects of this [[for example showing the addresses of person who contributed to him), but the question remains: Why he did not pay the amount agreed to by the courts in the beginning THEN negotiate for a lowering of the amount due to "destitution"? That's what the criminal elites do! He went into with the idea of not paying AT ALL.

He's an attorney - has had long list of his own attorneys left in the wake of all of this. But overall I think he takes his own 'counsel'... continually.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-14-12 at 09:33 AM.

There is absolutely no way that he's paid six figures. I'd like to see proof.

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    There is absolutely no way that he's paid six figures. I'd like to see proof.

Stromberg2
    the poster never said how many of those figures were on the right side of the decimal point...

Do not forget about the private funds he was paid to step down ,I am sure the adverage person could live quite comfortably for a few years on that alone.

The man hurt the City of Detroit more than anyone. Him and Freguson's asses should still be in jail. Daddy KK too. His sister was also investaged for one of KK's charitable funds. That's the one were Carlita and Ayanna were paid 80% of what the fund took in. The whole family is a bunch of crooks.

Wonder if he is looking forward to his federal stretch, there will be lots of time to reflect on the real Kwame in his new digs...Then when he gets out he can start spending all that doe ray me he gets from SkyTel

Latest episode of the Kwame clown show ...

"This book made me laugh, cry, get very angry, felt heartache for Carlita and the boys, remember the good times, and miss the future greatness of what Detroit was on the way to be under Kilpatrick's leadership," wrote a user named Lorrie from Detroit. It's her first review on Amazon. "This book, by far is one of the best books I have ever read and highly recommend it to everyone, supporter or not."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120315/METRO01/203150533/Kwame-Kilpatrick-s-book-wins-over-critics-both-em?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Do not forget about the private funds he was paid to step down ,I am sure the adverage person could live quite comfortably for a few years on that alone.
    Yeah those "private funds" came from Detroits Bussiness leaders. I wonder why. He must have been doing something right. P.S. it was a loan. When have you ever heard of someone getting locked up for borrowing money. Better yet when have you ever heard of a debt being considered an asset. My student loan debts are not considered an asset. So why ONLY in HIS CASE was a debt considered an asset. Hmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    P.S. it was a loan. When have you ever heard of someone getting locked up for borrowing money.
    Ever hear of anyone with a criminal record, no visible means of support and a strong possibility of never having any, getting a no-strings attached quarter-million dollar 'loan'?

Me neither. Go figure...

You must dont recall he had a pretty good job, and is about to get alot of money from Skytell.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was that he had unceremoniously and quite publicly lost said job. Whether or not he gets anything from SkyTel remains to be seen; I seriously doubt such a dubious possibility would have gotten anyone a six-figure [[ahem) "loan".

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    You must dont recall he had a pretty good job, and is about to get alot of money from Skytell.
    Take that story to the bank and see what you get. I must do recall you get nuttin.

This News article was the highlight of my lunch today

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ritics-both-em