Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I enjoyed seeing you all again... and Zacha341 and jtf1972... it was a pleasure meeting you!

p69... I was looking forward to meeting you... maybe next year.

Plymouthres... thanks for the heads up for the Preservation Detroit meeting.... I'll be there on the 16th. Sounds like things are heading in the right direction again. If Kathryn Clarkson is in town, I would love to see her there to give her a big hug!
    Last edited by Gistok; June-04-12 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Sorry, detroitsgwenivere!! We were there at the park until just after 5:30. I probably saw you and yours walk right by our group too! If so, you walked right by our little sign. Sorry about that!! Sometimes you have to ask folks when you're looking for a group.
    We asked around, but we didn't go far enough apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    We asked around, but we didn't go far enough apparently...
    Sorry to hear that! I hope that won't deter you from coming out to future DYes gatherings!!

Also want to let the others who had mentioned that they were attending but didn't make it that we missed you!!! It's always fun to catch up with our DYes friends...and to make the acquaintance of those coming out to their first DYes gathering!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Not that I'm aware of...I didn't even know the Stroh bust is in the park.

Most folks pretty much stayed put in our gathering spot, although a handful checked out the Dequindre Cut for the first time, and another had to check out the view of Belle Isle [[earlier in the day, we could easily hear the cars on the track). Some checked out the Old Globe Building right across the street. And all enjoyed the views....of the river...the Renaissance Center with its Grand Prix signage and checkered flag motif...the entrance to the Dequindre Cut with Lafayette Park beyond...

Maybe I can check it out when we're down there for River Days...Dave is playing with Thornetta Davis on Sunday, I think. [[The music schedule still isn't posted on the River Days website.)

I'll be lookin forward to the next one. Thanks for getting everyone together!

Kathleen- are you going to post pictures of the picnic? When you have time of course.

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Kathleen- are you going to post pictures of the picnic? When you have time of course.
    I'll see what I can do. Been so busy that I haven't even downloaded the photos yet!!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Thanks all [[especially Kathleen and Dave)... Blueidone... came out of my sugar coma about 8PM....

Great to see so many young friends... and new ones!

Gnome... brought a wonderful "Olde English D" Apple Pie.... mmm mmm good!!
    I love this - brilliant! Wish I could have had a piece it looks scrummy. Maybe you should produce them commercially.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5