Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

CalvinJam Guest

Default Dr. Bill Cosby spoke with the Son of Man

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

March 12, 2012

MEDIA CONTACT: Jamar Muhammad at [[601) 870-2744 or [[601) 786-9788 or jcmuhammad7@yahoo.com

THE SON OF MAN, THE LEADER AND TEACHER OF THE NEW NATION OF ISLAM, SPOKE WITH LEGENDARY ENTERTAINER, BILL COSBY.
    [[Watch Below)

Dr. Bill Cosby spoke with the Son of Man and the New Nation of Islam
    Special broadcast aired on Detroit's WHPR 88.1 FM & UHF TV33:
    "A Community Meeting With Detroit"

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - Dr. Bill Cosby, the legendary entertainer, conversed with the Son of Man, the leader and teacher of the New Nation of Islam, on many topics including:

Black self-help
    Education
    Parenting
    & Culture
    On Sunday, March 11, 2012, Dr. Bill Cosby was the featured guest on the WHPR 88.1 FM & UHF TV33/Comcast 20 special entitled:
    "A Community Meeting with Detroit"

The broadcast was hosted by the Son of Man, the leader and teacher of the New Nation of Islam.

"A Community Meeting with Detroit" is a special program aired in Detroit, Michigan that seeks to establish a bridge between the affluent, the working class, and the poor of our community that will inspire us to pull ourselves up by our own resources and resourcefulness.

With "A Community Meeting with Detroit", we of the New Nation of Islam are seeking to start an earnest dialogue that will directly lead to the establishment of positive changes in both the character of the people and the blighted conditions that presently exist in our communities.

Once this positive dialogue takes root in Detroit, it is our hope that it will spread nationally throughout the diaspora of our own, and other communities.

With the help and permission of Allah [[God), the Son of Man and we, the members of the New Nation of Islam, are seeking your help to give hope, and a plan that will help us all to rescue ourselves from the unprecedented hardships that we are now facing.

CalvinJam Guest

This was the first time that Dr. Cosby and the Son of Man have spoken.

CalvinJam Guest

It's on youtube. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOM7TRy-4w4

Hopefully he changed at least one life or made just one person re-think the course of their life. Bill Cosby is a living example of what it means to be a man.

CalvinJam Guest

Brother, you're right, and that's one thing the Son of Man kept noting about him:

The fact that, he has always had an air of dignity no matter what he did.

People can say what they want to say, but it's not Bill Cosby who made "raunchy comedy" that degrades people popular.

In fact, from what I understand, he tried to stop it before it became as widely accepted as it is now.

Also, was I the only one that was surprised by what he revealed about his childhood? I never knew Bill Cosby's childhood was like that.

I was equally surprised, which make his success all the more valuable and remakable that anyone can rise above their environment. Being a Navy Vet myself I was always proud knowing he also served in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman.

CalvinJam Guest

Yes sir. You know you said it earlier: "hopefully he changed at least one life".

And you know what? I think this conversation is going to change more than just one life.

I'm just really happy that this conversation between the Son of Man and Dr. Cosby took place. Conversations like these are long overdue.