Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default St. Patrick's Day bar help

Hi Everyone,

This will be the first year I can go out for St Patrick's day so we went ahead and got a room downtown and figured we would celebrate down there. I know Old Shillelagh is a popular spot and they open around 7am but to be honest i'm not a huge fan of that bar. Does anyone know of any good alternatives is the Downtown/Corktown or even Midtown area that will be opening early on Saturday? I've read about Forans and Nancy Whiskey but I'm not sure what times these places open.

Thanks everyone and sorry if this has been asked before.

some of them have web sites, you could search for them. The Lager House opens 10:30 normally, maybe they are open earlier on St. Patrick's Day, it would not surprise me. http://pjslagerhouse.com/

nemo's, gaelic league, oblivion's, casey's

Ya staying at the Corktown Inn or the Hostel? Otherwise you may be better off taking cabs.

Stay out of the Old Shaleghlieh, thats for tourists or first time drunks.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Ya staying at the Corktown Inn or the Hostel? Otherwise you may be better off taking cabs.

Stay out of the Old Shaleghlieh, thats for tourists or first time drunks.
    Actually got a cheap room at the Roberts River Walk figured it was worth a shot but a cab will probably be our best bet.

I agree on OS, that place turns into a major sh*t show.

http://detroit.metromix.com/bars-and...982484/content

Also some good bars near roberts including Andrews on the Corner.
    Unfortunatly you are a couple miles from downtown, next time try The Milner, its cheap and right in the middle of town.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    http://detroit.metromix.com/bars-and...982484/content

Also some good bars near roberts including Andrews on the Corner.
    Unfortunatly you are a couple miles from downtown, next time try The Milner, its cheap and right in the middle of town.
    Yeah we actually stay at the Westin a lot but the cost and everything on Hotwire for Robert's made it worth a shot. Thanks for the list. I'll just have to contact a lot of these places to see what time they open.

JROLLA - Robert's Riverwalk provides complimentary shuttle to all places downtown until 10 or 11 PM, so you likely will only need a cab ride back if you manage to make it that far into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Knocturnal View Post
    JROLLA - Robert's Riverwalk provides complimentary shuttle to all places downtown until 10 or 11 PM, so you likely will only need a cab ride back if you manage to make it that far into the night.
    Ha could be a long one for sure. Do you happen to know what time they start doing that? I can always call.

Default St Pats Bar Help

NANCY WHISKEY'S!!! They have entertainment, food & libation. The Tent is already up. Tell the bar server, KELLY, Harry sent you!! Enjoy.

The hell with getting wasted! I was hoping this thread would be bars hiring extra help for St. Patrick's Day! Guess it's back to the copper mine...
    jk

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    The hell with getting wasted! I was hoping this thread would be bars hiring extra help for St. Patrick's Day! Guess it's back to the copper mine...
    jk
    lol...me too!

nancy whiskey's has my vote for sure