Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mitch Albom: New folks on block turn it around

a must read article, they're doing good and we can help simply by voting for them...

http://www.freep.com/article/2012031...ck-turn-around

"At a time when everyone was moving out of Detroit, they moved in. In a world where everyone wants bigger and better, they went smaller and worse. In a country where people often pay lip service to making a difference in their community, they actually are building a community -- one reclaimed house at a time".
    "The fact is, a small decaying section of Detroit is now blossoming because of one couple's giant efforts. Here is where the rest of us can help. LifeBUILDERS is involved in a national contest through Home Depot to win a $250,000 grant. Whoever gets the most online votes wins. If you believe in the concept, and think Detroit is a deserving place for such a reward, you can go to www.lifebuildersdetroit.com to vote. The finalists -- which span the country -- include three other worthy area organizations: Jewish Family Services, Ronald McDonald House of Detroit and Taylor VFW Post 4422. A vote for any of them is a good thing".

Very inspiring article. I can't vote though. I don't have a Facebook account and never will.

Yep, no facebook, no entry for you.... or for me. I also do not want a FB account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Very inspiring article. I can't vote though. I don't have a Facebook account and never will.

Occurrence Guest

Nothing written by Mitch Albom is a "must read". How or why does this hack journalist even have followers or a career?

Nice story, we need more people who volunteer to help others. Seems a lot more people looking for help then trying to help.
    Also should have known somebody would bring hate into this thread.