Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ccbatson Guest

Expediance and pragmatism areTHE worst excuses for a lie imaginable.

But thank you for admitting that I was right Rb.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post

You're assuming that one agrees that it was a lie in the first place.

bats, where exactly did i say you were right? you still haven't given me one actual lie [[for simplicity's sake, we'll define that as a purposefully false comment presented as truth when the person who made it knew it was false, like 99% of your comments here)

One? He doesn't want to own GM according to his words, but his actions assure government stake and ownership.

Happy?
    Would the neo-cons be happy if GM failed and was sold off to the Chinese?

What Obama did was save a great American company, and, thousands of jobs.

The right wing used the whole "ends justify the means" for the past 8 years, yet now when someone of another ideology uses it, they are considered wrong.

Thats what I call flip flopping on principles, or, more accurately, hypocritical.

ccbatson Guest

As if that were the only option...standard bankruptcy reorganization without Obama firing the CEO, seizing chunks for labor and big government while pushing the secured debt holders to the back of the line [[illegally) is what should have happened.

gee, bats, your CONSERVATIVE supreme court disagrees with you on the legality issue. As for the moral issues, labor has given up HUGE chunks over the last 15 years, it is about time they get something back. screw the speculators, that is the price you pay for making a gamble. capitalism 101.

The article that this thread is based on is about reasons that Russians weathered their country's collapse better than he expects Americans will. I've been reading about 'tapeworm economics' lately. The concept is based on the the relationship between a tapeworm and its host. Tapeworms inject chemicals into their host's systems that make their hosts desire more of the kind of nutricion good for tapeworms. Hosts are sapped of their strength as their desire to meet to demand of tapeworms increases. In tapeworm economics, hosts do not recognize the bad economy's causes. Instead, they demand more of the same things that took the life out of the economy. At least the Russians were smart enough to know that much of what their government told them was lies. Americans are, by contrast, burping on their blue pills thinking that politicians who have almost consistantly sold them out have some great new fixes for their discomfort.

DetroitDad Guest

Much better, now, why is it collapsing so rapidly?

Quick hint, it has nothing to do with inheritance and everything to do with spending like a madman.
    I think it might be worth considering that both sides played a role in this, mainly because of some of the issues they deny or downplay, but also because of their constant bickering. This is the road The Right and The Left together have led us down.

Both Republicans and Democrats have repeatedly screwed us over, it's only their methods that are different.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; June-19-09 at 10:24 AM.

Quote: "Both Republicans and Democrats have repeatedly screwed us over, it's only their methods that are different."

Exactly..

ccbatson Guest

A matter of longstanding political wisdom is that all politicians, right and left, tend to overspend progressively. However, the left with zeal and to a far greater degree than the right. Obama has brought that piece of folklore into reality very rapidly.

"If our economy collapses" Stash? What do you think it is doing now?

The economy has certainly not already collapsed and doesn't seem to be in the process of collapsing.

After making shut-in and hospital calls today, I stopped at a Speedway c-store, bought a 24 oz. beer and some chips. I gave the clerk a fifty-dollar bill and she gave me change. It was real American money, too.

That's a sure sign the economy has not collapsed and is not collapsing.

ccbatson Guest

Turkey, being in denial doesn't make your perception reality.

Turkey, being in denial doesn't make your perception reality.
    ah, you should heed your own advice, bats. you are, after all, the #1 denier of facts that controvert your dear little dogma

ccbatson Guest

Sigh...once again Rb, an example? Just one?

Quote: "It was real American money, too."

Did it say "Federal reserve note" on it?

I know you're joking about the economy not collapsing, but Chrysler is ready to reopen seven plants very soon. That's encouraging.

"If our economy collapses" Stash? What do you think it is doing now?
    The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher today than it was when Bush left office.

Goldman Sachs stock was selling for $59.20 a share on the day Obama became President. Today , it closed at $143.13 a share. I keep telling people to invest in companies that invest in Obama . They do well.

ccbatson Guest

By a mere smidge, look at the long term trends, and remember that markets are aware that Obama was coming at the time.

80 dollars a share by taxpayer money stolen and given to Goldman sachs...shouldn't we get a calculated number of shares in them?

Sigh...once again Rb, an example? Just one?
    You continue to bury your head in the sand regarding climate change even as most credible scientists say there is cause for concern.

DetroitDad Guest

If I had to describe myself in this moment of economic chaos, I would say I am the grizzled sergeant, war weary, caught in the zone of instinctive awareness that combat veterans have. In order to survive you become a detached, cynical professional. In the sense of college degrees I am a rank amateur. However, over the last decade I have called the economic sphere pretty well. Perhaps the timing has been off, but I have nailed the trends perfectly. It takes a while for a two inch garden hose to fill a swimming pool, but it will fill it. Likewise, the endless debt, credit and bubbles of the last 25 years are finally reaching critical mass. It is no longer a matter of whether we have an economic collapse. No it is a matter of the scope, the intensity and the social chaos that economic collapse causes. My moniker over at Tree of Liberty is Doomer Doug, so I know what I am talking about. In a phrase, it is not coming: it is here.
    http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin...gi?read=148949

By a mere smidge, look at the long term trends, and remember that markets are aware that Obama was coming at the time.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^DJI#chart1:symbol=^dji;range=1y;indicat or=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0 ;logscale=on;source=undefined

Notice the trend from October 1 to October 10, when the DJIA lost over 2000 points. Were the "markets aware that Obama was coming at the time" even though the election was still a month away?

You will do anything to avoid blaming Bush and everything to blame Obama, even if it means you must resort to lies and intellectual dishonesty. You are a sad, pathetic child.

ccbatson Guest

Yes, the markets were able to see the handwriting on the wall [[called polls) 1 month before an election.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2