Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Teenage girl robbed at gunpoint in Lafayette Park

Richard Stacey of LP50 community group had informed me that a teenage girl was robbed at gunpoint while coming home from Dollar General earlier today. The assailant, one with a brown hoodie and brown pants, the other with a hoodie with a detroit logo on it, were inside the Dollar General store while she was there shopping. They had followed her out of the store and caught up with her behind the Chrysler School area where they had pulled a gun out and robbed her. One assailant reached inside her bra looking for money. They had escaped in a gold color car with fancy wheels Be careful out there while shopping.

Why has this not been reported by any local news outlets? I've not been able to find the story so far. I'll look again....

Gotta be aware of your surroundings no matter where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Why has this not been reported by any local news outlets? I've not been able to find the story so far. I'll look again....
    Perhaps it will show up, but I think Detroit averages over 10 armed robberies a day, so I doubt all of them get publicized.

You probably won't see much about it because the DPD responded quickly and had their suspects in custody within hours. The young lady gave a great description and the guys were found casing in a nearby neighborhood. I hope that the whole city will one day see this sort of efficiency as the norm for the DPD.

Oh yes a factor I'd like to ignore: the reported vs. the unreported!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-19-12 at 03:48 PM.