Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Van Dyke Place

Default Van Dyke Place

Saw this on Curbed. Great to see this once grand house in West Village being saved.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...ith-to-buy.php

Good for them...

Google Street View of the house

OK, I'm highjacking my own thread a bit. But also from Curbed, another great story about a house in West Village being saved! These little bits of positive development give me hope for the city. Or at least some of the most special parts of it. Especially nice to see the rescue of a house that was abandoned for almost 30 years and could so easily have been lost.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...-demo-list.php

The article in the second link is about how someone bought a house that was on the demo list. Is that list available online?

Great looking place. The floors look in good shape. It's a great deal for someone ready to do some serious work. I hope the heating system can be restored by using the radiators connected to an electric boiler maybe, hybrid fuel for your coldest days of the year. They should keep the windows and try to reinsulate the walls if they redo the wiring which was added onto the baseboards.