Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Gluten Free Fare in the City [[or metro area)

Hello fellow DYers.

My son, bless his heart, was recently diagnosed with Ceilac's disease so no more GLUTEN! This ain't no chic diet for him. Poor kid lost 40 pounds over the past few months, I'm just glad we finally figured out whats wrong with him.

Anyways, this means no more wheat, barley or rye. Cooking at home we can handle, but what if we want to go out somewhere? any ideas about restaurants that may cater to his needs?

Thank you and God bless.

I'm only familiar with places with gluten free pizza options [[Passport Pizza and Buddy's) in the city.

3. Default

I can second Buddy's. When a friend with Celiac's visited me here in the D, that's where we went. They have a whole separate gluten-free menu and were very helpful and happy to answer our questions. It was really good pizza, too.

Go to www.yelp.com Type in Gluten Free Restaurants Detroit..there are many who have gluten-free items on the menu.

The newly opened Seva on E Forest has a gluten free menu.