Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Lorax Guest

Default Iran Shows It Has What It Takes

With the news of Iran's election this week, I am heartened to see the protesting of the election results which claim Amadinnerjacket won by such a large margin.

This cavalier manipulation of the election results is eerily similar to the two stolen elections by the Republican Reich here in America in 2000 and 2004.

It angers me that there wasn't more protest at the time. Though in truth, there was, it just wasn't reported on by our intellectually lazy media, which as we know, is most interested in appeasing their right-wing masters, or at best, keeping the status quo.

It bodes well for Iran going forward that there is such dissention, and hopefully one day, real change will come to this country.

I will make this prediction here, Amadinnerjacket will take this dissention badly, will kill or imprison his political enemies, and will dare the world to try and keep him from developing nuclear weapons. Really, business as usual, only ramped up.

It wasn't a truly Democratic election, as ours were not in 2000 or 2004.

Voter intimidation, supression, ballot stuffing, "faulty" touch-screens which flipped results in some districts, republican owned voting machine manufacturers such as Diebold stating on TV that they were going to deliver the election for Bush, etc.

Iran just learned a valuable lesson in what to expect from it's hard right-wing fundamentalist religious leaders, as we did with the Bush Crime Family.

I hope they continue to protest, challenge, and always question their leaders.

People should never be afraid of their government, government should be afraid of the people.
    Last edited by Lorax; June-14-09 at 11:30 AM.

The Ayatollah calls the shots in Iran. This little chicken hawk that has been squawking about Israel, has very little say in anything. The US media has been targeting his jabber, building up support for a strike on Iran. The term "President" here and there mean two entirely different things. Ahmadinejad has to clear anything he does with Khamenei. A little fact our media leaves out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    The Ayatollah calls the shots in Iran. This little chicken hawk that has been squawking about Israel, has very little say in anything. The US media has been targeting his jabber, building up support for a strike on Iran. The term "President" here and there mean two entirely different things. Ahmadinejad has to clear anything he does with Khamenei. A little fact our media leaves out.
    And the some folks in the region are already starting their rhetoric why we have to act right now..same mentality that forced us into Iraq
    Last edited by gibran; June-14-09 at 05:25 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Iran is a powder keg on at least to fronts...Israel [[and they are more likely to take appropriate action), and the US, although, under Obama, appeasement and cowardice are the rule of the day.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Iran is a powder keg on at least to fronts...Israel [[and they are more likely to take appropriate action), and the US, although, under Obama, appeasement and cowardice are the rule of the day.
    Tush and Cheney had their chance to invade Iran and chose not to- guess appeasement and cowardice are the rule of the day with the fascists as well. Interesting.

ccbatson Guest

Wow...you think they should have?

Lorax Guest

Wow...you think they should have?
    Did I say that? No.

I said they had a chance, and were blustering in that direction, then backed off when cooler heads prevailed.

I know you were hoping for yet another quagmire in the middle east, but gladly, you were disappointed.

Lorax says, "Tush and Cheney had their chance to invade Iran and chose not to- guess appeasement and cowardice are the rule of the day with the fascists as well."
    Lorax, Have you fogotten? Notes and quotes from the Obama campaign-

"Obama will talk to Iran. If they do not comply, he suggests something has to be done. His tone was emboldened since visiting AIPAC. He "said the military option is "on the table" for dealing with Iran's nuclear program". ""I will do everything in my power to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear" weapon," he said, repeating himself for emphasis, "everything in my power to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear, everything.""

‘Iran a major threat; I would never hesitate to use our military force in order to protect homeland, US interests, Democratic presidential candidate tells FOX’s ‘The O’Reilly Factor’

In June of [[last) year, Obama spoke to the annual AIPAC conference. What he said there about Iran put him once again firmly in the Bush camp:

As President, I will use all elements of American power to pressure Iran. I will do everything in my power to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon….

There should be no doubt: I will always keep the threat of military action to defend our security and our ally Israel. Do not be confused.

Sometimes there are no alternatives to confrontation. If we must use military force, we are more likely to succeed and have more support at home and abroad if we have exhausted our diplomatic options. That is the change we need in our policy."

In June of this year, Obama spoke to the annual AIPAC conference. What he said there about Iran put him once again firmly in the Bush camp:
    As President, I will use all elements of American power to pressure Iran. I will do everything in my power to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon….
    There should be no doubt: I will always keep the threat of military action to defend our security and our ally Israel. Do not be confused.
    Sometimes there are no alternatives to confrontation. If we must use military force, we are more likely to succeed and have more support at home and abroad if we have exhausted our diplomatic options. That is the change we need in our policy."
    "Iran is a “major threat” and it would be “unacceptable” for the rogue nation to develop a nuclear weapon,"

Israel is not above the Law and to attack Iran would be against our interests at this point and would send the region into an end game..with terror and unconventional warfare,,,if Iran continues to develop their weapon grade capability it should be with the UN and the region that action is taken...Israel should not act alone again- nor is this bombing an Iraqi reactor like scenario..This is not like Sharon pressuring the US like the lead up to Iraq ..the whole region knows that Iran could be on the verge of a revolution and with the right amount of pressure they can tip into a western camp...many of the Iranian ex-pats are seeing changes...cc the old warrior ways has not worked in the past..if you want the world to protect Israel like it should-then the world needs to get behind a stance on Iran...going it alone will not stop attacks against Israel,,but having the Arabs on their side with a peace would change the dynamics..

and like oladub so rightfully reminds you...we will always be there for Israel with a threat of military...so with that; the conflicts could ultimately be resolved...Israel should know that any major attack from a nation will be met with force...the key is to help them develop a peace with their immediate neighbors..but is you listen to BIBI bait and switch tactics we are in for a long road.

every one knows [[except for the right wingers and BIBI) that peace leads through the solution of Palestine/Israel...that would get the Arab world off of the street and behind us..can't you see past your bias and see the potential for a real and just peace...Israel needs Love from US ..tough love [[ you cant have it both ways, support and a blind eye)..but Israel needs the world to stand firmly behind them ...not just the USA. That would happen with a peaceful resolution to an age old conflict...

unfortunately you have BIBI in charge and he is pushing the Bush doctrine of appeasement on one front and war on another and it seems you haven't learned from it also...
    Last edited by gibran; June-15-09 at 03:24 AM.

Share |

Last update - 07:50 15/06/2009

Netanyahu, Mideast peace and a return to the Axis of Evil

By Akiva Eldar, Haaretz Correspondent

Tags: Benjamin Netanyahu

The prime minister's speech last night returned the Middle East to the days of George W. Bush's "axis of evil." Benjamin Netanyahu delivered a patriarchal, colonialist address in the best neoconservative tradition: The Arabs are the bad guys, or at best ungrateful terrorists; the Jews, of course, are the good guys, rational people who need to raise and care for their children. In the West Bank settlement of Itamar, they're even building a nursery school.

No empathy for the refugees from Jaffa who lost their entire world, not a word for the Muslim connection to Jerusalem - neither a fragment of a quote from the Koran, nor a line of Arabic poetry.

Netanyahu's provincial remarks were not intended to penetrate the hearts of the hundreds of millions of Al Jazeera viewers in the Muslim world. Instead, he sought to appease Tzipi Hotovely, the settler Likud lawmaker, and make it possible to live peaceably with the settler foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman. Netanyahu's demand that Palestinians recognize Israel as the state of the Jewish people didn't even leave him an opening for forging reconciliation with the Arab citizens in the country.
    Advertisement

The prime minister's declaration that Jerusalem will remain he "undivided capital" of Israel - only Israel - slammed the door before the entire Muslim world. And his Hebron is solely the city of the Jewish patriarchs; the Arabs have no such rights at all. The Palestinians can have a state, but only if those foreign invaders show us they know how to eat with a fork and knife. Actually, without a knife.

The demilitarization of the Palestinian state was mentioned in the Clinton guidelines, the Taba understandings and the Geneva accord, as was the right of return to Palestine, not Israel. The difference between these documents and the Bar-Ilan address is not only that the former recognized the Palestinians' full rights to the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The real difference lies in the tone - in the degrading and disrespectful nature of Netanyahu's remarks. That's not how one brings down a wall of enmity between two nations, that's not how trust is built.

It's hard to believe that a single Palestinian leader will be found who will buy the defective merchandise Netanyahu presented last night.

Attachment 1744

You can see a lot by looking.
    Last edited by gnome; November-12-10 at 02:17 PM.

and some want to bomb these guys now....amazing isn't it..tens of thousands protest and want change and a different climate ...however, the neocons and in some others's minds it is very scary to think that they are escalating rhetoric into war/bombing raids now not knowing this is giving the "I'manutjob" credibilty right after he stole the election...do they not see that this is what he loves to play to?

Gibran, for pure and distilled escalating threatening rhetoric, much of it playing to AIPAC, please refer to Obama's campaign rhetoric found in post #8. I don't think it is different than Bush's. I am glad that President Obama has, at least, toned down his rhetoric toward Iran since the election.

My point in digging up Senator Obama's quotes was not to bring up Israel. It was, instead, to compare Senator Obama's campaign pledges with Cheney and Bush's rhetoric.

Quote: "My point in digging up Senator Obama's quotes was not to bring up Israel. It was, instead, to compare Senator Obama's campaign pledges with Cheney and Bush's rhetoric."

I got it, and it is an interesting parallel. Seems more and more our politicians are almost required to appease AIPAC. Wonder what would happen if they didn't. Is it possible for one of our "elected" officials to stand up to the most powerful lobby in the United States? I recall the day after securing the Democratic nomination, Obama was on the carpet at AIPAC the following morning pledging his allegience. What gives? Does AIPAC run our country now? Sharon made jests that they do, was he serious?

I have to say, this isn't to align with right or left, but this Obama has really did a 180 since being elected. His tough talk rhetoric about trade and healthcare reform and his supposed stance on all things middle east appear to have been nothing more than BS. I know, I know, give him time. I already see where this is headed.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; June-15-09 at 11:02 AM.

ccbatson Guest

I say just bomb their nuclear programs.

you are truly kidding..with the potential for real change ...and you're clinging to a failed logic...what is it with you and the rest of the wild west- shoot first ask questions later crowd..can't you see the future with this logic..a region in continuous turmoil ...or is that the only way you can justify war like enterprise...

Only as a last resort, since it was this logic that got us into the mess now.

As far as our 2000 & 04 elections, America proved to the world that we don't go to war among ourselves if an election was screwed up, we handle it peacefully and democratically.

My question:
    How were 40 million paper ballots counted and tabulated in two hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    My question:
    They offshored it to Florida

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    My question:
    They subcontracted it out the the RNC, Diebold, Halliburton & Blackwater.

The masters at Weapons of Mass Deception.
    Last edited by Lorax; June-16-09 at 09:44 AM.

ccbatson Guest

What constitutes a "last resort"? If we aren't ther now, we soon will be, and not by our choice and actions.

What constitutes a "last resort"? If we aren't ther now, we soon will be, and not by our choice and actions.

actually because Dubya squandered a mountain of good will that could have been used to stop both iran and n korea from getting to the point they are today. We "libs" warned about this from before dubya stupidly went into Iraq to take down a toothless lion. since YOU voted for that idiot, it is by your choice and actions. be a man and take responsibility for that

The U.S. at this point can't afford another war front because our military is stretched thin due to Afghanistan and Bush's quagmire in Iraq.

ccbatson Guest

Can they afford to allow Israel to defend itself and have our limited military and full moral support? A bargain in exchange for the diminution of the threat of a nuclear Iran.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast