Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Why does the Media give the Bing Administration such a HUGE pass?

If you don't know by now you don't live in Detroit. The Bing Admin is the most incompetent administration this city has ever seen. So why has the media been so quiet about it??? If anything, he needs to be dragged through the mud like they did you know who.

Me and a lot of other citizens would much rather have Kwame back, or whoever else cause Bing is a carpetbagger who doesn't have a clue, or has a clue but his true goals don't line up w/ what the citizens want.

I wonder why the media hasn't blown up the WHISTLEBLOWER lawsuit filed against him??? Remember they paid her 200k to keep her mouth shut. She claimed he was plotting w/ the Governor to get the city taken over. That seems pretty significant to me. More significant than a damn affair. Whatcha think??? And anyone who can say he's doing a good job don't live in the city I betcha my pay check.

Obviously, your statement is wrong. Kilpatrick's and Young's administrations were WAY worse.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT THAT LOSER KWAME BACK!!!??? HE STOLE MONEY FROM YOU! HE EMBARRASED THIS CITY! HE'S GOING TO FEDERAL PRISON! Ugh. It's MADDENING to listen to people whine about a mayor that is actually trying to do his job while people want that disgraceful, selfish, lying thief back in office.
    Last edited by dmike76; March-07-12 at 03:31 PM.

There is no proof of any wrongdoing by Bing, unlike Kwame, who skips out on his restitution, commits perjury, and lives the fat life off of the dime of Detroiters.

313, our expectations have been driven so low, by the actions of your hero KK, that a mediocre-to-bad mayor like Bing is seen as a huge improvement over the last mayor.

So in a nutshell, it's your fault.

An awfully large amount of the incompetence Bing is dealing with is, frankly, crap inherited from a corrupt regime and a city council full of clown college drop outs

Buy American Guest

He has needed to clean house from the beginning of his administration. He's failed to get rid of people associated with thug KK and every day there is more and more coming out in the media about monies being spent by people in his administration and no one seems to know what it was spent on.

The CofD owes lots of money to important vendors and needs to pay its' bills.

I've maintained all along that Bing was just a Trojan Horse for the inner circle of the Kilpatrick administration.

Why doesn't Dave Bing look out the window in the morning?

Because then there'd be nothing to do all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    An awfully large amount of the incompetence Bing is dealing with is, frankly, crap inherited from a corrupt regime and a city council full of clown college drop outs
    That might have passed for an excuse during his first year or so as mayor, but he's been mayor of Detroit for nearly three years. When are his failures gonna be attributed to him just not being a very effective leader? [[Or at least not an effective enough leader to manage Detroit now?)

Just about everything he's set out to do during his tenure has failed. Detroit Works, transit, keeping Detroit out of receivership... It's just about all failed.

So Bing's Failures are Kwame's Fault. LMAO OK I get it. ROTFLMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT THAT LOSER KWAME BACK!!!??? HE STOLE MONEY FROM YOU! HE EMBARRASED THIS CITY! HE'S GOING TO FEDERAL PRISON! Ugh. It's MADDENING to listen to people whine about a mayor that is actually trying to do his job while people want that disgraceful, selfish, lying thief back in office.
    LMAO. You Obviously dont LIVE in Detroit. Do Ya??? I didnt think so. Its a whole lot different from the outside looking in. You Know Bing Lied too right??? So that makes him what also?

Oh, the suburbs card...very nice. Typical. Typical us vs. them excuse for a lack of an intelligent point of view. It's people like you that keep Detroit down because you accept failure. I'm not saying Bing is a good mayor; what I am saying is that any mention to Kwame NOT be the worst mayor in the history of Detroit is laughable. Oh...let's forgive him because he's got charisma...oh...let's forgive him because he throws the words 'prayer' and 'God' around to manipulate the people in Detroit. It's sickening. I went to Marygrove college for a few years and right before KK got re-elected everyone in my classroom was ready to forgive him. They'd say 'oh now that the media's all over him he'll be alright'. Ok. I told them that re-electing that jack@ss will just give him a pass to steal from you even more because there is no penalty for his actions. I wish I could go back now and tell them all 'I told you so'. 313, if you really want Detroit to get better, do the city a favor and move out.

Back to the question at hand. I believe both papers are letting Bing know he needs to step it up. Whatever pass you might think Bing is getting is basically because there is a perception of an honest administration.

However it is quickly getting to the point where that isn't enough. If we were in better times his incrementalist approach would be fine. However if he wants to time to re-shape the city he his going to need to take some political risks. I know that runs counter to getting another term, but I think thats what he needs to do in order to win another term.

Now what he has in his favor is that the pool of potential challengers is so shallow he could possibly win another term essentially by default.

Be careful what you wish for.

KK is slowly making his way back into Detroit circles.

Name:  k.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  15.3 KB

Bing is not getting as much heat as KK because he hasn't been caught doing anything illegal. Anyway, Bing does need to step it up. I watched part of the state of the city address last night and I'm just not optimistic when he's talking about these plans to fix things. I'm kinda surprised that there hasn't been more done since he's had Snyder's backing on a lot of things. He's had some original ideas like Project 14, but they haven't really had an effect.

I know riviera, isn't just sickening? Like I said, he says things like 'God has forgiven me' and people just lap that up like water in a desert. How does he know that God has forgiven him? Does he have a direct phone line? I'm afraid that the only thing that's going to keep him out of office again is going to federal prison.

Quote Originally Posted by riviera View Post

Did they just build a federal prison in Detroit ?

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    Me and alot of other citizens would much rather have Kwame Back, or whoever else cause Bing is a carpetbagger who doesnt have a clue, or has a clue but his true goals dont line up w/ what the citizens want.

I think I saw you on Hard Core Pawn demanding money for a piece of crap you thought was worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I think I saw you on Hard Core Pawn demanding money for a piece of crap you thought was worthwhile.
    I'm surprised people watch that crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    The CofD owes lots of money to important vendors and needs to pay its' bills.
    BA, I've seen you make this statement in two recent postings. Is there a specific vendor or project that is getting stiffed that you're aware of? Obviously, this is a huge problem, with repercussions for many companies that do business with the city. I'm just curious as to what specifically you were referring to?

Hah! Well that promo is nicely designed ------ !
    Quote Originally Posted by riviera View Post

Kilpatrick's personal relationship with God is his thing and I hope he sorts his stuff out. Where I'm drawing the line is rather or not he tries to resume any form of money making scams upon the city and those who give in a church setting, or secular speech setting... well that is on them. Their descretionary income to spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    I know riviera, isn't just sickening? Like I said, he says things like 'God has forgiven me' and people just lap that up like water in a desert. How does he know that God has forgiven him? Does he have a direct phone line? I'm afraid that the only thing that's going to keep him out of office again is going to federal prison.

I was born in Detroit, live in Detroit, and my family and I voted and supported Kilpatrick's run for office enthusiastically. We did not the second run. We knew something was amiss; there were too many things leaking about money diversions and misuse of power for them to all by LIES!

YES, we where robbed and many looked the other way some benefiting directly, some indirectly taking some odd solace from the 'our turn', 'everybody steals' philosophy/ justification. No one was looking long term! Meanwhile the legs of the very seat we sit were being sawed off, bit by bit.

Bing no angel either - got that. It's not an either or thing... There continues to be incredible, systemic problems with the leadership and fiscal management of this city, yet there's less moneys to scam/ divert... the pot of gold near empty...
    Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    LMAO. You Obviously dont LIVE in Detroit. Do Ya??? I didnt think so. Its a whole lot different from the outside looking in. You Know Bing Lied too right??? So that makes him what also?
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-08-12 at 10:17 AM.

Here is the rub: Kwame would have had a lot of potential, had he not been totally, completely corrupt.

I don't think it is really a city vs. suburbs thing. People in the suburbs are just entirely isolated from the day-to-day problems of Detroit that we have to face. To them they see Bing as a genteel old man and his vague but inoffensive speeches about changing things [[3 years later). Meanwhile we know first-hand his total lack of leadership, his incompetance, his utter failure to change ANYTHING in a meaningful way. We deal with the constant crime, vandalism, lack of street lights, vacant houses, arson, you name it...and they, frankly, DON'T. He fiddles while Detroit burns.

I'm not going to play the race card[[I'm white anyway), but even before Kwame's crimes started to creep out he was always boisterous and bombastic. He wore an earring. He was flashy. He was a young guy. That stuff didn't bother me - the eventual revalations of his criminality bothered me. However there were plenty of suburbanites who hated him before those revalations came to light because he was such a boisterous, black young tough. It's just too bad because if he had used his power for good instead of evil - and I think he is one of the few people who is truly evil - he would have been a much stronger mayor than Bing.

So now we have a taco truck and no concrete plans to get us out of a $190 million dollar deficit. Our only victory is not cosing rec centers - maintaining the status quo. No great vision. No grand plan. We just slowly die. Thanks a lot, Bing.

The only reason that I'm scared of Kwame doing these 'sermons' is that he's going to brainwash all of those church-going potential voters into giving him another shot. I don't care if he's religious. It's his real intentions that worry me. Oh and seriously, bravo for being responsible and not voting for that fool again, Zacha.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast