Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Buy American Guest

Default BURN to premiere at TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL

"BURN: One year on the frontlines of the battle to save Detroit" will debut in New York in late April. This is a major acomplishment by the director and producer of the documentary since they started out with little funding for the project. Brenna Sanchez is a native Detroiter and began this project after Walter Harris, a Detroit firefighter, was murdered by an arsonist. A significant amount of proceeds from the documentary will go towards providing much needed equipment for Detroit Firefighters.

Burn is a documentary about Detroit, told through the eyes of Detroit firefighters, who are on the front lines charged with the thankless task of saving a city that many have written off as dead.

Congratulations for a job well done. I know this will be a huge success.

www.detroitfirefilm.org

I hope it goes to other film festivals including ones in Michigan.

DeNiro's baby. It's a great film festival for documentaries, although i think having special New York categories for everything is kinda tacky