Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Website Crawling?

I'm using Firefox 10.0.2, and have all but one extension turned off in the browser to make sure sites load, run as fast as they can. That said, ever since DetroitYes switched formats, this site practically crawls during just plain browsing. Pages take longer than they should to load. It's not like I have a slow connection [[cable speed).

Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a way to remedy this?

Anyone?

I also just found, today, that sometimes when I scroll down the page, the screen image drags down the page obscuring the new page image. This is a mess.

I preferred how the site was before the facelift, everything worked well. I say bring back the old one.

Speed is the same for me running Firefox at home and horrid Explorer at another place.

In addition to all this, I just found out this session that if the dynamic ads in the margin are particularly active, that I can't even scroll down the page, and have to shrink the window and then expand it back to get a hold on the page, again. Maddening.