Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Romney Conundrum

Let's say your one of those ignored moderate conservatives. you are sick of the wing-nut loons and the pseudo-libertarian goof. Your only choice is Romney, but Romney is trying to speak the language of the wing-nuts. You think he's just saying that stuff to win over the base. Do you vote for someone you hope is lying?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Let's say your one of those ignored moderate conservatives. you are sick of the wing-nut loons and the pseudo-libertarian goof. Your only choice is Romney, but Romney is trying to speak the language of the wing-nuts. You think he's just saying that stuff to win over the base. Do you vote for someone you hope is lying?
    Rb I think you need to look what Romney did as gov of Mass. I believe if given the chance thats how he would govern as a moderate conservative. I don't think he really believes all of the wing-nut talk, he's just trying to win them over but he's going to find it hard to race back to the middle after this Repub race is over.

On another note Barbara Bush said this was the worst GOP race she has ever known.

so you vote for someone you hope is lying

Ravine Guest

Fuck that. I still like the black guy.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    so you vote for someone you hope is lying
    Shows you how messed up the GOP has gotten

Obama's has broken pledges too. 'Liar', however, would not be my word of choice for either. I would prefer to characterize Romney as a 'flip-flopper' and Obama as 'disingenuous' although various things both have said have turned out to be false. I suspect that firstandten's assessment of Romney in post #2 is correct although Romney had to compromises with a more liberal base in Massachusetts than he would in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Obama's has broken pledges too. 'Liar', however, would not be my word of choice for either. I would prefer to characterize Romney as a 'flip-flopper' and Obama as 'disingenuous' although various things both have said have turned out to be false. I suspect that firstandten's assessment of Romney in post #2 is correct although Romney had to compromises with a more liberal base in Massachusetts than he would in the US.
    Mostly all politicans break promises. I do agree liar in most cases is a little too strong. What voters need to understand is that politicans will tell you what you want to hear, but the reality is that too many factors are beyond their control to deliver on many of the issues they tell you they will deliver on. There's a reason Obama pushed health care and the stimulus [[two of his biggest promises) very early into his administration. He knew whatever political capital he had would be used up before the first year of his first term was done.

Why would anyone assume that the right would leave Romney alone to appoint his own people or anything else. He would be their captive especially if he would plan on re-election. The man runs a vampire business that feeds off other businesses. He doesn't have to meet with customers and decide advertising. And he says a lot of stuff which shows he is not in touch with the problems of the average citizen. His rhetoric is empty. He's an empty suit.

Yep, arguably a 'pile' of empty suits. That is one of the reasons why president Obama will have a second term.

No worries, he's back in... four more years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Fuck that. I still like the black guy.