Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Detroit Titans!

Default Detroit Titans!

The Detroit Titans are a win away from an NCAA bid! They play at Valparaiso for the Horizon League championship tomorrow [[Tuesday) at 9PM on ESPN.

Watch party at Dino's in Ferndale.

Congratulations to the U of D Titans and all of their fans!! On their way to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1999. Coach Ray McCallum has brought this program all the way back.

Bravo to Coach McCallum & the rest of the UDM community. What a nice thoroughly well played game. Onward to the bigger dance and who knows what can happen there.

They got Kansas, in the first round. They should have gotten better than a 15th seed

Keep an eye on Thomas Robinson, power forward for Kansas when you're watching. He may end up a 5 or 6 pick and the Pistons would love to grab him.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    They got Kansas, in the first round. They should have gotten better than a 15th seed
    I'm inclined to agree that they should've gotten a slightly higher seed as well- maybe 12th or so, but like they say- once you get to the big dance anything can happen.

Kansas is not going to be a pushover by any stretch. We can still root & cheer the Titans on.

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    I'm inclined to agree that they should've gotten a slightly higher seed as well- maybe 12th or so, but like they say- once you get to the big dance anything can happen.

Kansas is not going to be a pushover by any stretch. We can still root & cheer the Titans on.
    12th seed was also around the seeding I thought they should get. The odds of winning a 15/2 matchup is only slightly better than the 16/1 and in that case I think that has never happened [[could be wrong on that however)

The Titans gave it their best, but it wasn't meant to be. They definitely deserved a higher seed considering that they were coming in on a 10 game winning streak and they were conference champs of a conference that has produced 2 Final Four teams in the last two years.

The Titans went toe-to-toe with them for the first quarter and actually had a late resurgence at one point but that accursed Kansas depth just wore them down. It also seemed as though every time we'd miss a basket, they'd come down and drain a three. I haven't even looked at the final stats beyond the score but we were beaten pretty soundly.

Still absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. The UDM Titans still had one solid run and were Horizon League champs. They gave us some nice thrills all the way up to the Kansas juggernaut.