Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Three women abducted, raped on Detroit's east side

What is going on? These killers and rapists are becoming bolder... There was a time if you were in a group you were relatively safe. Not now.

Security increased after attack on women
    The women had been attending the Metro Times Blowout Music Festival

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/S...z/-/index.html

Three women abducted, raped on Detroit's east side

Suspect has been arrested, women taken to hospital

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/T...r/-/index.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-04-12 at 12:51 PM.

That makes five woman who were abducted in Hamtramck over the last week. I believe the two woman who were forced in a car last week are still missing.

I think Hamtramck is going to be an interesting city to watch in the coming years. With the increasing violence in Detroit, it's hard to imagine that Hamtramck won't continue to be affected.
    Some of the neighborhoods are looking kind of rough.

But hey, as long as Whole Foods and an occasional apartment complex is being built within a 3 square mile radius of the city, all is well and people are just trying to put Detroit down with all of this negative shit.

Wow! just Wow. My wife of 37 yrs was brutally assaultd when she was 19. Sounds like those assholes schooled their kids well.

Assault women/men/gays, feel like a king.

So sick!

Rape is a very serious issue! Victims never really get over that violation.

I first ignored that headline because I thought it was referring to the earlier two women who had been kidnapped. Something made me click on it finally last night and I was shocked to learn it was a NEW incident. I had been in Detroit earlier Saturday at a show at the Music Hall, and I felt safe because I was with a group of 4 women. Ironically, we were in a van, but we were down there in the early afternoon. This crime happened in Hamtramck but it could have easily been anywhere else.

Criminals are just bold as hell these days. I guess the only thing left is for everyone to have their own gun in their car too. The problem is that most normal people aren't capable of shooting or stabbing another human being, unless they're forced to defend themselves. Like in this case, if one of the women were able to get her hands on a gun, I doubt that she would be able to shoot the criminal in the head while he's pointing the gun at her friends, and that's what it would take to save everyone.

Fortunately they caught the guy. He needs to get a taste of his own medicine in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    Fortunately they caught the guy. He needs to get a taste of his own medicine in prison.
    No, prison rape is also bad. Rape is bad. It's just bad. Rape ≠ good.

If you going to carry [[CPL) you best be trained, tactically to some level, and go to the range regularly... There's also is the option of pepper spray, carried 'open' in your hand when walking to ones car [[the days of being demure are over - have the spray in your hand - you may not have time to reach into a purse and get it). I carry mine out open with the cap off ready if I am in a threatening situation like walking to my car at night. A can of hornet spray is also good to keep in the car. It's relatively cheap and found at any home and garden department.

I too was down at Music Hall this weekend for a evening musical alone, and for the first time I was really worried walking to my car after the event on a busy Saturday night... I ended up walking with others to nearby cars so it was ok... But the crims are getting bolder and bolder. Most women's self defense courses say never, EVER go with the assailant. Try to flee, draw attention to the event there by screaming, hollering, fight or respond with force - debilitating or 'lethal'.

Once the rapist and or killer has you on their terms by taking you 'somewhere' you have far fewer options. Best to deal with it at the first point of engagement. He must have tied the two women up while raping the other, etc. Who would have allowed such a situation three to one? The details are unknown however....

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I first ignored that headline because I thought it was referring to the earlier two women who had been kidnapped. Something made me click on it finally last night and I was shocked to learn it was a NEW incident. I had been in Detroit earlier Saturday at a show at the Music Hall, and I felt safe because I was with a group of 4 women. Ironically, we were in a van, but we were down there in the early afternoon. This crime happened in Hamtramck but it could have easily been anywhere else.

Criminals are just bold as hell these days. I guess the only thing left is for everyone to have their own gun in their car too. The problem is that most normal people aren't capable of shooting or stabbing another human being, unless they're forced to defend themselves. Like in this case, if one of the women were able to get her hands on a gun, I doubt that she would be able to shoot the criminal in the head while he's pointing the gun at her friends, and that's what it would take to save everyone.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-05-12 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    As I understand it, this dumb-@$$ called the 4th lady by using the other's cell and wanted to know where he could meet her to get the money he had her withdrawl from the gas station ATM. They set up a meeting and the cops were there. Incredible how dumb these sick, twisted, criminals can be.

Ravine Guest

Not to go too far off-point, here, but what is the point of the "at" & "dollar" symbols, given that they look almost exactly like the word for which you substituted them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Not to go too far off-point, here, but what is the point of the "at" & "dollar" symbols, given that they look almost exactly like the word for which you substituted them?
    I try not to be vulgar. But I made a case in his exception.

I'm really left wanting for details after reading this. How does one rape 3 people? Put the gun to the head of the one he's raping threatening to shoot if the other two try to flee?

This is terribly messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    I'm really left wanting for details after reading this. How does one rape 3 people? Put the gun to the head of the one he's raping threatening to shoot if the other two try to flee?

This is terribly messed up.
    Sexual assault can include a wide range of actions including unwanted grabbing/touching.

Edit: He's been charged with three counts of first degree sexual conduct among some other things so it appears that it was in fact rape.
    Last edited by rjk; March-05-12 at 01:54 PM.

In all the years I've lived here, I've never felt that I've had to walk from the car to the house armed... until now.

It's getting out of control around here. Even the "lower" crime areas have seen a large uptick.

The predators know what time it is. We Detroiters need to start wearing our watches.

UPDATE! Hamtramck Man Accused of Kidnapping, Raping 3 Women Charged

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ed-20120305-ms

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post

That is so the vulgar can sneak past the automatic word recognition feature in most on-line forums! Personally, I think expletives provide a necessary linguistic function, but as with most genuinely beautiful things in this world they are usually abused.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    In all the years I've lived here, I've never felt that I've had to walk from the car to the house armed... until now.

It's getting out of control around here. Even the "lower" crime areas have seen a large uptick.

The predators know what time it is. We Detroiters need to start wearing our watches.
    Even within the house, I am never more than ten feet away from a projectile weapon now...and I'm not one whit paranoid. Just aware and prepared. I may look outside for strange activity occasionally, but am not afraid to go outside.

I am, however, completely disinterested in the misguided laws designed to limit legal individual's rights to defend themselves. We are returning to a point when the handshake will again mean a check for handy weaponry. I welcome that...and the time when having a weapon doesn't raise the eyebrows of polite society. Politeness is a form of delusion, anyways. I'll continue to practise it, though.

Cheers

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That is so the vulgar can sneak past the automatic word recognition feature in most on-line forums! Personally, I think expletives provide a necessary linguistic function, but as with most genuinely beautiful things in this world they are usually abused.

Cheers!
    GoddamitBBB

Even within the house, I am never more than ten feet away from a projectile weapon now...and I'm not one whit paranoid. Just aware and prepared. I may look outside for strange activity occasionally, but am not afraid to go outside.

I am, however, completely disinterested in the misguided laws designed to limit legal individual's rights to defend themselves. We are returning to a point when the handshake will again mean a check for handy weaponry. I welcome that...and the time when having a weapon doesn't raise the eyebrows of polite society. Politeness is a form of delusion, anyways. I'll continue to practise it, though.

Cheers
    It's sad that you don't only tolerate this kind of existence, but you morbidly welcome such a world. Just goes to show just how how much Metro Detroiters don't seem to recognize how abnormal an exsitence they live.

I don't care if you want to call it or not, sitting around in your own home mulling over where a weapon or something that could be used as a weapon is is straight-up paranoia and a miserable existence. If that's something you welcome, well, you belong with the Michigan Militia and Hutaree. People is most parts of this country don't live this way; people in most other major American cities don't live this way; and people certainly don't live this way in the rest of the Western world.

Please take a minute to sign a petition encouraging the judge in this case to sentence the violent criminal responsible, Tonio Dace, to life in prison, as many of his 11 felony charges dictate.

http://signon.org/sign/put-tonio-dac...b&r_by=3012659

Same here. I can get to a weapon in seconds if something goes wrong in or near my house. As well, there is nothing handy an intruder could use as an improvised weapon either, if he is not already armed. Kitchen knives, hammers, things like that are not in obvious places. [[That actually happened to a neighbor, an intruder broke in, and walked through the house with a cleaver he found in their kitchen.)

I'm not paranoid either, or scared. If I want to take the trash out to the alley at 2am, I do. If I hear something "off", I check it out. It is just reality, and to think otherwise is foolish.

I keep hearing over and over they should of had a CCW/CPL your not permitted to carry a concealed weapon in a bar where more then 50% of the profit comes from alcohol so they could not of legally carried one anyways.

Ravine Guest

"To Of and Of Not."

To paraphrase other threads in the past, "an armed society is a polite society". Not my particular point of view but something all should be aware of.

Oddball scene on "Psych", the head police detective's house was thoroughly cleaned of all his weapons. Nobody thought to check the jar of peanuts in the kitchen. Saved the day.

Anyway, this is one crazy area regarding crime, personal or otherwise. Where are the girls abducted from Hamtramck. The persons of interest are in jail.