Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The 300 is making news...

Wow! I wish these guys good luck. They look like they mean it. This sounds like vigilantism but it may be a signal that more policing is on the way with the feds getting in on the act also.

The Detroit 300

Whatever that is.

Whatever that is? The Detroit 300 is exactly what Detroit needs...they are fighting the no-snitch culture at a grass-roots level. They are making some real change.

It's groups like the Detroit 300 that we should be paying attention to and supporting because they are the ones on the INSIDE saying, "enough...no one else can fix this but ourselves. We must change."

Are they referring to the 300 Spartans? If they are the outcome was not good.

They state emphatically that they are working with Detroit policing and law enforcement and they are getting some support from the community. See below their official web site for more information on Detroit 300:

www.thedetroit300.org/

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Wow! I wish these guys good luck. They look like they mean it. This sounds like vigilantism but it may be a signal that more policing is on the way with the feds getting in on the act also.

Why are members of this group wearing face masks?

Where do we send the ammunition? These men sound like they mean business. They are angry and they should be. Arm up ..man up... step out of the way because these men have a mission. Now is the time to snitch. All they need is a strong financial backer and I believe they could put a dent in the Thug life wanna bees that are destroying whats left of Detroit.

God speed Detroit 300!!!!
    Last edited by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83; March-05-12 at 08:38 AM.

Not all were wearing face masks in that 'LetItRip' segment. Four out of the group of wearing them I think. I wished they were'nt as the mask wearing brings question to the motives of some of the groups members reasonably so.

Perhaps some of the members prefer to be under-cover, as strategy. So then don't pose in a photo! Problem solved.

The three main founders do not have masks and have been visible in the media and at varied meetings and vigils in the city.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-04-12 at 01:11 PM.

There was an article in 2010 about countering the 'no snitchin' culture that allows a level criminality to flourish:

Detroit 300 Encourages Snitching

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ges-Snitching-

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Whatever that is? The Detroit 300 is exactly what Detroit needs...they are fighting the no-snitch culture at a grass-roots level. They are making some real change.

It's groups like the Detroit 300 that we should be paying attention to and supporting because they are the ones on the INSIDE saying, "enough...no one else can fix this but ourselves. We must change."
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-04-12 at 01:10 PM.

See below a press photo where no one is wearing masks - there are women involved in this organization as well:

http://urbanpeaceandjustice.com/2011...roit-300-crew/

Detroit 300 in southwest Detroit:

http://urbanpeaceandjustice.com/2011...hwest-detroit/

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Why are members of this group wearing face masks?
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-04-12 at 01:06 PM.

Great, hooded vigilantes.

That always works out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

Im thinking that Meddle is kinda salty because he is afraid that this organization is going to be successful and throw out the image he had in his head that the people of this city cannot police themselves and he can no longer think that every soul in the city is a barbarian....

I'd say this 'organization' is going to find at least some of their members jailed and others sued.

Instead of hoods and masks, maybe they should wear red berets.

Buy American Guest

IMHO, I think the Detroit 300's intentions are all good. I think they want to end this "no snitch" attitude that some Detroiter's have and I think they want to see crime ended on the streets. I don't know what to think of the faces covered and wondered why they were covered when I saw them on TV...maybe they are known on the streets by the thugs and for safety sake, they are remaining faceless for now. I wish them all good luck and hope they all stay safe and do their best to help the police to get the thugs off the streets and in jail where they belong.

This organization may not be fully free of some edgy folk but did you at least look at the links that I provided [[which included photos of parties not wearing hoods)? As I said earlier everyone involved is not wearing one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Are they referring to the 300 Spartans? If they are the outcome was not good.
    Actually, it did end well. Not for them specifically, but for Greece in general. The Battle of Thermopolyae temporarily halted the Persian Invasion and inspired the rival Greek city-states to band together and defeat the Persians the following year at Platea.

Seems like a great movement to fight Detroit crime present. Now all we need is a similar group to simultaneously fight Detroit crime future and we can begin to make progress. I hope Detroit 300 can sustain the momentum.
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; March-05-12 at 09:55 AM.

As long as they keep themselves in check and complying with the law, this is a great thing for Detroit.

People are fed up. Some people will only talk about how fed up they are, and other people act.

That's wht I like to hear. You Detroiters want to stop the madness. Take back your hood! NOW

is Detroit 300 the same group that is doing the "put the Neighbor back in the Hood" stuff?