Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: 2012 Grand Prix

Default 2012 Grand Prix

I signed up to volunteer at this, but have heard nothing at all. Anyone else here going to volunteer?

Yeah they were looking for volunteers last week to do inventory. I have been on the On Track Services crew the last few races. We are required to volunteer more hours than most, we are usually the fist to start about 2 months before the race and the last to finish, the weekend after the race. Contact Ryan Shade if you are looking for something to do. <rshade@detroitgp.com>

GUSHI Guest

They should built a permanent speedway in detroit, we are the motor city, bring NASCAR to the D, a lot of land available on the east side,

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    They should built a permanent speedway in detroit, we are the motor city, bring NASCAR to the D, a lot of land available on the east side,
    I had been thinking that too but I don't think there's enough demand/fans for two tracks in MI.

GUSHI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by riviera View Post
    I had been thinking that too but I don't think there's enough demand/fans for two tracks in MI.
    I think there is, a lot of race fans in my area, plus the other one is far,

Great news!! [[for me!)

The Detroit Indycar grand prix will be broadcast live over here in the Netherlands. It's one of four that will be broadcast over here live, including the Minneapolis Indy 500 and Sao Paulo.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; April-15-12 at 06:54 AM.