Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

CalvinJam Guest

Default Ku Klux Klan leader to debate New Nation of Islam leader - Tonight Wed, Feb 29, 2012

Pastor Thomas Robb, the national director of the Ku Klux Klan, will debate the Son of Man, the leader and teacher of the New Nation of Islam, tonight [[Wednesday, February 29, 2012).

This will be the second meeting between the Son of Man and Pastor Robb, and this debate will be a candid discussion about the reality of race and injustice in America.

THE TOPIC:

The Solution to the Reality of Race and Injustice in America

WHEN:

Tonight [[Wednesday, February 29, 2012)
    at 9 PM eastern / 8 PM central

WHO: The Son of Man & Pastor Thomas Robb

Pastor Thomas Robb, the national director of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and a pastor at the Christian Revival Center . In 1986, Robb organized a protest against the Martin Luther King National Holiday in Pulaski, Tennessee, which is the birthplace of the Ku Klux Klan. The event eventually became known as the White Christian Heritage Festival, held each October in Pulaski. Over the years Robb has developed a close relationship with other extremists including, J.B. Stoner, Ed Fields, Don Black, David Duke, Willis Carto, Billy Roper, Michael Collins Piper, Canadian extremist Paul Fromm and former Croatian diplomat Tomislav Sunic. For his full bio, click here.

The Son of Man, the leader and teacher of the New Nation of Islam. In 1973, the Son of Man visited Muhammad’s Temple where he heard and accepted the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad. The Son of Man began teaching and building the New Nation of Islam in 1975, and he began building on the foundation established by the Honorable Elijah Muhammad for a new nation. The Son of Man is teaching his people to awake to the understanding of righteousness, to come together as a new black nation, and to do for self. For his full bio, click here.

HOW YOU CAN LISTEN:

You will be able to hear the discussion LIVE over your telephone.

To listen to this debate, simply call into this teleconference call to listen:
    [[712) 432-0075
    When prompted, enter access code 912932#
    [[please note that there are NO EXTRA CHARGES for the teleconference call. It's just a regular long-distance call.)

Please pass this message along. Thank you.

*** PLEASE NOTE:
    This discussion will also be broadcast over the TELEVISION and RADIO in Detroit, Michigan. Simply tune into WHPR 88.1 FM radio, or turn your channel to UHF TV 33.

For more info, call [[601) 870-2744

What is the true religion of God? It's time for the Truth.

If you would like to stop receiving these emails, please reply STOP.

Oh, this won't end badly.

Double clutched my post.
    Last edited by mikefmich; February-29-12 at 05:05 PM.

I don't want to take the time & thought it would take to type out a rather long rambling post of what I think about this BS. Shame on them both.

Why exactly are you here CalvinJam?

I dunno. Sounds interesting. I bet they agree a lot. But prolly should be non-Detroit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I dunno. Sounds interesting. I bet they agree a lot.
    Sure they do. Radical extremists always do.

Ignorant bigot vs. ignorant bigot. It will lack, literally, the intellectual depth and generosity of spirit of professional wrestling.

Ravine Guest

This Son of Man dude, I'm not saying that he's not an ignorant bigot, but having read some of his stuff, I wouldn't pigeon-hole him quite so simplistically.

Those of you who are familiar with my *ahem* world-view and my mode d'expressione may have correctly deduced that I, more to the point, probably would pigeon-hole him in a more complicated manner.
    In any case, re: this debate, an open-minded exchange of philosophies leading to a fruitful end seems unlikely.

But, quite frankly, I would make that same statement about 94% of the threads right here in DetroitYes.

This should be fun.

Freak, party of two, your table is ready.

I can say without any discomfort that I have nothing to learn from two bigots, one so arrogant as to call himself a pastor and the other so arrogant and delusional as to formally call himself the "Son of Man." These are not serious people, and our society is worse off when we treat them as such.

What is the true religion of god? Are you serious? I can tell you that I don't know, but what I do know is that neither of these so-called "men of god" know either. As for the truth, they wouldn't know the truth if it came by and smacked them about the head for the rest of their existences. Detroit is a profoundly weird region to continue to entertain such bogusness and moral fraud. The area needs to get real, and quickly.

I can assure everyone that they'd be more personally enlightened and enriched watching and episode of the Jersey Shore or Mob Wives or the Real Housewives of Fill-in-the-blank.
    Last edited by Dexlin; March-01-12 at 06:11 AM.

Remember Rock'em Sock'em robots?

That's being generous! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Ignorant bigot vs. ignorant bigot. It will lack, literally, the intellectual depth and generosity of spirit of professional wrestling.

bartock Guest

These "leaders" may or may not be bigots, but they sure herd them, don't they? This sums it up quite perfectly: "over the years Robb has developed a close relationship with other extremists". Not much different than partisan politicians, just with smaller groups whose members have [[cough) more "radical" beliefs.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson should be allowed to facilitate. Now that would be funny.

The KKK v. the son of god. Now which will they say won? Talk about a spoiler alert.

The Nation of Islam guy should just walk over and punch the Klan guy in the balls; audience members should follow suit...

Quote Originally Posted by d'oh View Post
    The Nation of Islam guy should just walk over and punch the Klan guy in the balls; audience members should follow suit...
    The Klan guy would have to have balls in order for the Nation of Islam guy to be able to do that.

bartock Guest

Last couple of posts -

Nation of Islam's blind hatred of others: good.

KKK's blind hatred of others: bad.

Kind of a head-scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Last couple of posts -

I dont recall reading that anywhere on this forum....

But I will say this at the risk of drawing the ire of people here....the 'son of man' does at least have a reason for how he feels and tinks considering on the social history of this country while the former is just full of hate and feelings of superiority...

bartock Guest

Anyway, as I was getting at above, I tend to think that the leaders of all of these radical groups are frauds, so to the extent that the "son of man" has a reason for how he feels and thinks, my guess is that kkk guy has the exact same reason [[$$$$$$). They all seem to be living pretty well, regardless.
    Last edited by bartock; March-03-12 at 03:47 PM. Reason: lower casings

GUSHI Guest

They probaly gonna have drinks after, it's probally all staged,
    Anyway, as I was getting at above, I tend to think that the leaders of all of these radical groups are frauds, so to the extent that the "son of man" has a reason for how he feels and thinks, my guess is that kkk guy has the exact same reason [[$$$$$$). They all seem to be living pretty well, regardless.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    They probaly gonna have drinks after, it's probally all staged,

I'm only speaking of the two "shepards" not whatever numbers their flocks are, so I actually wouldn't doubt what you say as it relates to those two. But I appreciate that you are suggesting that I'm wearing a tin foil hat. If you are, I would respond by saying that believing that these shepards are selling snakeoil is not close to being far-fetched.

If these two individuals really do truly hate each other for whatever reasons - and I do wonder because it seems that these "debates among radicals" occur frequently - I gotta believe that, at certain points, these two must think to themselves "God/Allah I've made a shitload of money promoting this utter crap I've been peddling." Again, not much different than partisan politics.

Hah! Both of them should be TUNED out!
    Last couple of posts -