Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Live Above This Crazy World

I so agree with Vernon Howard... love the guy!

LIVE ABOVE THIS CRAZY WORLD

By Vernon Howard
    Copyright 1983 New Life Foundation

Man's painful problem can be explained in two sentences: He does not know what is happening to him. He pretends he does. He tries frantically to convince himself that his pretense is certainty, but fearfully fails. He leaves a trail of wreckage and heartache for himself and others.
    But he can be certain. He needs only to learn how to listen to a power higher than his own agitated mind. By wanting life-liberty more than he wants anything else he will sense the existence of this higher force. With this the very Secret of Life stands before him, ready for his advance and acceptance.
    Right now, as you read this page, there are two choices before you:
    1. You can remain as you are.
    2. You can change who you are.
    Choose to change. You will be shown exactly how to choose in favor of yourself, how to switch from a bewildered believer to a confident knower. A sea captain may believe the weather will be calm, but that belief does not stop an attacking storm. Look at society and notice how hundreds of opposing beliefs separate men from men and all from God. Individual belief in the false ego-self travels outward to gullible belief in human charlatans and foolish social schemes.
    Belief is for the self-deceived who prefer appearances of rightness over a true nature. Spiritual security is for the honest person who sees that mere belief always includes a lost believer.
    You can believe in yourself or you can be yourself. Only being yourself is good, for its spiritual nature dwells far above believing and deceiving humanity. Being yourself and being self-awakened are the same thing. There is nothing on earth better than being an awakened human being.
    Don't try to make sense out of this world. It has none. Once you see that it makes no sense at all, it all makes sense. It is like looking at a puzzling headline in a newspaper to suddenly realize it is ten years old. Just make sense of yourself for yourself. That is all you need to do. Everything else will then be as clear as the room you are now in. You will be as free of problems as if you never had them in the first place, including secret difficulties with love or sex or male-female relations.

Continued: http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/v...ary/LACTW.html

DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS

".....Chorus]
    Get up, come on get down with the sickness [Repeat x3]
    Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
    Get up, come on get down with the sickness
    You mother get up come on get down with the sickness
    You ****er get up come on get down with the sickness
    Madness is the gift, that has been given to me

I can see inside you, the sickness is rising
    Don't try to deny what you feel
    [[Will you give in to me?)
    It seems that all that was good has died
    And is decaying in me
    [[Will you give in to me?)

It seems you're having some trouble
    In dealing with these changes
    Living with these changes [[oh no)
    The world is a scary place
    Now that you've woken up the demon in me"

DISTURBED DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS

MizMotown:
    You are not convincing because all you do is parrot someone else's vacuous words. The Course spends a lot of time badmouthing other forms of belief while really just selling belief in a different package. And it sounds like Vernon Howard is telling everyone to just ignore what is going on in the world and turn to navel gazing. Did he get this wisdom from some "spiritual guide" from the "other side"? At any rate, it is nothing new. People flee the "world" for the mountaintops every new century or whenever some new disaster strikes. What would have happened to Japan if those nuclear plant workers had decided to just walk away from that disaster while they "found" themselves? There would have been an enormous explosion of radioactive H that would have affected most if not all of the world.

Maxx, why is it that you're often the first one to criticize someone's free expression of their religious or spiritual views, yet you are often the most vocal about your own religious or spiritual views [[atheist)? Why is that?

lol... Did I say anything about The Course Maxx? Vernon Howard is not a Course teacher. And I'm not parroting anyone's words, I said I like the way this guy thinks and it rings true for me. Didn't say it rings true for everyone! There has to be a real admittance that this world is sick. And sickness begins in the mind. Nothing will ever be solved here until humans learn to understand themselves. We grow being taught how to be machines that fit nicely into society. It's not 100% working is it? But we are not taught from childhood what we are made up of and how and why we think and act like we do. We are not taught about the ego and emotions and negativity vs. positivity. We are taught over and over to be selfish creatures who live in their own little universes where we are God. We put on our nicety nice face and put on a show but the truth is there is an underlying rage in this world. We don't teach love here, we really don't even understand it. It isn't all about "religion", it's about the human psyche.

It is not about walking away from the world Maxx. It's about being in it but not of it. It's knowing the cure is within and not without.

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Where do you think this Kingdom is Maxx?

John 15:19

New King James Version [[NKJV)

19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

If we are to truly be in the world but not of the world, then we need to take on the values that Jesus had. It means that we must value people, let go of materialism, and die to self. But it also means having life and life more abundantly.
    Last edited by MizMotown; March-01-12 at 09:13 AM.

Good luck teaching people to be nonmaterialistic. It's hard enough to get people to realize our present reality, i.e., global warming and the consequent threats to our water and food supplies and our democracy. Instead of trying to convert the little people, why doesn't Mr. Howard preach to the biggest consumers, the top 1%, who are destroying the economy and the biosphere?
    And do you actually post online to hear only mindless agreement to what you post?

eventually materialism will be seen for what it is as people deeply realize that materialism is destroying us.

I post here to learn and to be challanged Maxx. I never take any criticism to heart. School of Life. Only reason we come here. Or maybe not?

I don't have any answers. They say the truth is revealed to us personally only through experience that usually words cannot describe.

Have a wonderful springfelt day! :-)

I'm afraid most Americans will only learn how we are injuring the biosphere when they see everything drying out. Being "in the world but not of it" sounds like not participating in any community or political activities. The Amish live that way, but at least, they are taking care of the earth. However, their way of life may do them no good when there is no affordable fresh water. And yes, the weather right now is lovely. I hope it doesn't get hellaciously hot in June.