Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Em tapes video to Beautiful at TS Last Night

Eminem's Film crew set up at what used to be the Bleacher Entrance on Trumbull & I-75 Friday night.
    Marshall was awesome, as usual -- I hope they use the shots of the sign I was holding "MORE VISION LESS DEMOLITION". Film crew took shots of it [the sign] but couldn't guarantee MM would use it in the video. They had scaffolding set up at the bleacher entrance and then took shots on "the bridge".

You rock, Mr. Mathers.

Eff Ill-Itch and his effing product "Old and in the Way Redwings" and his other product "the team that couldn't be beat" Tigers on paper last year ending up in LAST PLACE.

Go Penguins -- even though I could care less about hockey.

Let's go Pirates!

see you all at the Coma - YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

MIRepublic Guest

Troll alert!

Quote Originally Posted by MIRepublic View Post
    Troll alert!
    Yo -- Troll -- go to hell and
    HOW ABOUT THOSE PENGUINS??

Sherry, I think we've met in person at one of the Tiger demonstrations. Have we? Thanks for the report on Em.

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sherryrazor View Post
    Yo -- Troll -- go to hell and
    HOW ABOUT THOSE PENGUINS??
    Yeah? What about them? Go pimp the Pens and the Pirates, elsewhere. How tacky and disrespectful of you. You don't come on a Detroit board like some boar, bash all of our teams, and then think no one's going to call you out, do you? Troll.

Guess what? People aren't laughing with the drunk girl at the party, they are laughing at her.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; June-13-09 at 03:01 AM.

Good Christ! I was pretty emotional in my postings about the demo of TS but you're way over the top! I see from your profile that you live in "amerika"? MOVE and take your inane rantings to the PittsburgYes Board

The response should be fun

Save yourself the trouble and use your ignore function, unless you like ridiculousness and shit starting.

This "shit" was started long ago by others.

Quote Originally Posted by andylinn View Post
    Sherry, I think we've met in person at one of the Tiger demonstrations. Have we? Thanks for the report on Em.
    yes, Andy -- saw you on Black Monday in the rain when Judge Edwards lifted the TRO, and I am usually at What Used to be TS pretty much every night on the Bridge when I don't have rehearsal.

nice to meet you on this board. good to know there are some supporters of preservation here, not just empty corporate suits who can't wait to ensconce themselves in their luxury box/cocoon/playpen/suite at The Coma.

see ya on the Bridge. I'll be there until the bitter end, then I don't think I can return there for a long long time.

good to meet you.

Am I the only person who wishes that he never had to hear about this little rapper guy ever again?

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Am I the only person who wishes that he never had to hear about this little rapper guy ever again?
    Am I the only one who believes "this little rapper guy' could probably kick your fat ass from TS to The Coma?

Am I the only one who believes "this little rapper guy' could probably kick your fat ass from TS to The Coma?
    I prefer "rotund," thank you!

Quote: "Am I the only person who wishes that he never had to hear about this little rapper guy ever again? "

No, same here.

Quote: "Am I the only one who believes "this little rapper guy' could probably kick your fat ass from TS to The Coma?"

Another one that believes all the hype surrounding this poser. I always get a good laugh when I go out of town and people know I'm from Detroit, they sometimes ask: "Have you ever been on 8 mile?" I reply "Yeah me and about 200 million other people have, it's not that big of a deal"

Considering that the movie wasn't about being 'on' Eight Mile, but more about it being a dividing line between city and suburbs, I don't see the point.

Quote: "about it being a dividing line between city and suburbs"

It was? It was a movie about the division between Detroit and the suburbs? I could have sworn it was a movie about a kid raised just south of Ferndale. But I only watched bits and pieces of it, so you're probably right. I've only known about a thousand people that movie could have portrayed, so it was extremely boring.

Living in NYC when that movie came out, all I heard from people was "Do you know 8 Mile?" They were very disappointed to find out that all it is is a road, and that I had no interest in seeing the movie.

The fact remains that if Detroit is cleaned up & returned to being one of the most beautiful cities in the world with safe streets and a vibrant economy, it would be a detriment to the image some people wish to project [[while they relax in their suburban homes.)

Eminem's Film crew set up at what used to be the Bleacher Entrance on Trumbull & I-75 Friday night.
    Marshall was awesome, as usual -- I hope they use the shots of the sign I was holding "MORE VISION LESS DEMOLITION". Film crew took shots of it [the sign] but couldn't guarantee MM would use it in the video. They had scaffolding set up at the bleacher entrance and then took shots on "the bridge".

You rock, Mr. Mathers.

Eff Ill-Itch and his effing product "Old and in the Way Redwings" and his other product "the team that couldn't be beat" Tigers on paper last year ending up in LAST PLACE.

Go Penguins -- even though I could care less about hockey.

Let's go Pirates!

see you all at the Coma - YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Mike Ilitch and the Tigers leave the Corner 10 years ago? I know the Tigers have been playing in Comerica Park for the last 9 years so why are you knocking Ilitch and the Detroit Red Wings when it was the city of Detroit and the DEGC who made the decision to tear down Tiger Stadium? I understand folks like yourself is mad the remaining structure is coming down but throwing hate at Ilitch, the Tigers and the Red Wings is silly as hell.

Great thing in this city how a thread about Em taping a video at the corner , gets turned into a Illitch hating go Pittsburgh fight. Like I said before if times were better Tiger Stadium might have stood a better chance.While the whole Navin Field project sounded good to me. I was kinda leary that it would have gotten finished with all the B.S. that goes round here.Maybe we shouldn't do anything at all to preserve these buildings round Detroit. Turn the city into a movie lot, Let Hollywood have at it.

QUOTE:
    "Great thing in this city how a thread about Em taping a video at the corner , gets turned into a Illitch hating go Pittsburgh fight"

Turned into? That was all said by the thread starter in the first post.

Umm.... yeah. I'm a huge supporter of the OTSC's plan. As for that person who is cheering for the Pens and Pirates, I have a simple message for everyone else on the board.