Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Santorum Thinks All American's Attending College "Makes you a Snob"

Santorum called Obama "a snob" for saying every American child should be able to go to college. http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AmcUJVhYp4tVinZSbgd1NjSbvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTU2ajM 4c3E1BGEDMTIwMjI1IG5ld3MgbWljaGlnYW4gcHJpbWFyeSB0B GNjb2RlA3B6YnVhbGxjYWg1BGNwb3MDMQRnA2lkLTE4OTk0NTM EaW50bAN1cwRtY29kZQNwemJ1YWxsY2FoNQRtcG9zAzIEcGtnd AM0BHBrZ3YDMwRwb3MDMgRzZWMDdGQtbndzBHNsawN0aXRsZQR 0ZXN0AzcwMQR3b2UDMTI3Nzg3MDI-/SIG=12qtfh61s/EXP=1330316558/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/down-wire-2-man-gop-race-michigan-210006318.html

"Why does Obama want everybody to go to college? So his liberal college professors can be indoctrinating people like he has," Santorum said, drawing a long ovation.

Is this more proof that Con's want to dumb down society, so as to better indoctrinate them to their devious agenda?

Why do con's think all college professor's are liberal? Are all con's this paranoid and delusional?

Inquiring minds would like to know...

Last edited by Detroitej72; February-25-12 at 11:58 PM.

It is a fact that most college professors are Liberal. Why do you find that so hard to believe? I asked my wife [[a Liberal) if she thought this was true and she agreed. Have you ever heard a professor spewing Conservative bullshit? Not often, I'm not sure why though.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    It is a fact that most college professors are Liberal. Why do you find that so hard to believe? I asked my wife [[a Liberal) if she thought this was true and she agreed. Have you ever heard a professor spewing Conservative bullshit? Not often, I'm not sure why though.
    Go to Hillsdale College I'm sure you will find professors more to your liking.

that is mostly because "conservative bullshit" is not supported by fact, and conservatism thrives on stupidity:

Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/23/2/187

So now you have to be a snob in order to want college for young people across the board? Wow. Santorum has just skyrocketed to an all new low. I don't relate to his public policy platform at all. It's just way too retrograde anti-intellectual, anti-urban, anti-minority, and nakedly turns its back on the social gospel that this self-proclaimed conscientious "Christian" claims to uphold. He offered a "dog ate my homework" excuse for his comments on blacks and welfare. He says he wants Michigan's vote, but he doesn't speak to the issues of urban Detroit at all. For all his "family values" rhetoric, he doesn't speak to the African-American community, the Latino-American community, or the Arab-American community. For all of the pro-GOP megachurch pastors with ties to Detroit proper, I'm surprised he hasn't tried to drum up minority support with them. I'm dead sick of people trying to insult me and yet saying that they want my vote. I don't relate to the anti-intellectual right-wing narratives nor the myopic, ultra-cynical "Christianity" of Santorum any more than I relate to the criminal mentality of a mugger. Both, effectively, seek to do me harm. Only, the mugger isn't trying to convince me that he's got my best interests at heart. Go away, Santorum, just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Santorum called Obama "a snob" for saying every American child should be able to go to college....
    I would think that using the word "every" in that way would make him the exact opposite of a snob.

I'll say it again. This country belongs on a psychiatrist's couch.

Here's a better link to that story: Down to the wire in 2-man GOP race in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    that is mostly because "conservative bullshit" is not supported by fact, and conservatism thrives on stupidity:

Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/23/2/187
    Exactly.

Reality [[and history) has a liberal bias, deal with it.

Have you ever seen a country in the first world thrive on true libertarianism/conservatism? You sure haven't, because it's not possible [[unless we're all island unto ourselves, which we're not). Every coutnry that tried doing so failed, including the US [[see the Articles of Confederation).

What I'm afraid of, is that many in Michigan outside Detroit will eat the bullshit folks like Santorum spews, even if liberalism [[unions) provided them with the lifestyle they have today. Hell, Santorum or Romney can just throw the "woe is Detroit" card out there and many Michiganders will foolishly eat it up [[given the vitriol hate many in this state have for the city).
    Last edited by 313WX; February-26-12 at 01:45 PM.

This is the latest line from the right. You don't need college. You don't need to come in contact with great ideas or learn how to think. All you need is enough training to turn you into a good little prol. Chris Hedges talks about this in this interview, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxhn77PMX9M&feature=fvsr

Have you ever heard a professor spewing Conservative bullshit? Not often.
    That's why we have Fox News.... commentators there cornered the market on it....

Is there a such thing as a

Liberal Doctor?

Liberal Engineer?

Liberal Chemist?

Liberal Accountant?

Liberal Nurse?

Have you ever heard a professor spewing Conservative bullshit? Not often, I'm not sure why though.

Dumb question: Have you ever heard a professor?

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Is there a such thing as a
    Liberal Doctor? mine is

Liberal Engineer? never met one

Liberal Chemist? yes, I know several

Liberal Accountant? Doubt it

Liberal Nurse? lots of them

I even know a couple of liberal MBAs, although they do say the curriculum attempts to drive that out of you

Rb, I think the point ejames was trying to make is that, contrary to Republican claims that universities only exist to indoctrinate students with liberal propaganda, there are numerous college-educated professionals whose educations did not involve "liberal propaganda", and who are able to have productive and successful careers.

According to Santorum, when young people go to college, they are indoctrinated with atheistic llberal philosophy. So how many degrees does Santorum have? How many of his children will not be attending college?
    Right. Stay away from nasty ol' college and give his children less competition in the workforce.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    According to Santorum, when young people go to college, they are indoctrinated with atheistic llberal philosophy. So how many degrees does Santorum have? How many of his children will not be attending college?
    Right. Stay away from nasty ol' college and give his children less competition in the workforce.
    Trust me, all 7 of Santorum's kids will go to college unless they really don't want to. Religion is sometimes used to control people, to convince them that their reward will be in Heaven. If people think their reward will be in Heaven, they won't seek it here. Thus they can be controlled. I doubt Santorum is truly anti-college, but he certainly doesn't want a nation of educated people, much harder to control.

I think it's safe to assume that a large number of kids that are of an average college age change many of their views when they leave home. I highly doubt it's merely because they attend college. But Santorum wouldn't understand that because he, and probably most of the people he knows and works with did attend college.

Rick Santorum is the middle of the three children of Aldo Santorum, a clinical psychologist who immigrated to the United States at age seven from Riva del Garda, Italy, and Catherine [[Dughi), an administrative nurse.

Born in Virginia, Rick Santorum was raised primarily in Butler, Pennsylvania. He obtained an undergraduate degree from Pennsylvania State University, an M.B.A. from the University of Pittsburgh, and a law degree degree from theDickinson School of Law.

-wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Rick Santorum is the middle of the three children of Aldo Santorum, a clinical psychologist who immigrated to the United States at age seven from Riva del Garda, Italy, and Catherine [[Dughi), an administrative nurse.

Born in Virginia, Rick Santorum was raised primarily in Butler, Pennsylvania. He obtained an undergraduate degree from Pennsylvania State University, an M.B.A. from the University of Pittsburgh, and a law degree degree from theDickinson School of Law.

-wikipedia
    Wow, a lot of college for someone who professes that colleges are just liberal indoctrination centers - or even crazier, centers to build people in the likeness of Obama. Jon Stewart made me almost die laughing with the skit he did about this.

Look at how he [[Santorum) deceived a struggling school district in Pennsylvania into to paying $100,000 for cyber-school tuition for his five children – even while they were living in a well-off school district in Virginia.
    That’s right. Between 2001 and 2004, Santorum enrolled five of his children in the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School. Since Pennsylvania law requires school districts to pay for students who live in their district but enroll in cyber schools – and since Santorum claimed his residence was a house in Penn Hills, Allegheny County – the Penn Hills School District paid $100,000 for the Santorum children’s tuition.
    But wait a minute – it turns out Rick Santorum, his wife, and their children don’t actually live in Penn Hills...in Allegheny County...or even in Pennsylvania. They actually live in a big house he owns in Leesburg, Virginia.

Sure, Santorum is registered to vote in Pennsylvania, in Penn Hills, and both his driver’s license and his car registration are at that address. But the Santorums really live in the Washington, D.C. suburb of Leesburg, Virginia. The only people who live in that two-bedroom house in Penn Hills are Santorum’s niece, Alyssa DeLuca and her husband.
    After this nice little “arrangement” came to light, Santorum told KDKA Radio that his niece lives in and “looks after” the Penn Hills house when he’s not there. He also admitted that when he goes to Pennsylvania, he and most of the family usually stay somewhere else -- with his in-laws -- while his niece and her husband keep “watching” the house:
    “We have a nice arrangement there. It works out well. Candidly, we just sort of work it out. Sometimes, a couple of my kids stay over there [with the niece and her husband]. We get to stay at grandma’s house, and a couple of kids go over and stay with their cousin. To me, that’s a family situation. I don’t know what people’s business that is, to be very honest with you. The fact is, I own a home, pay taxes, reside here, go to jury duty. To me, this is much ado about nothing.”
    But $100,000 paid for by local property taxes isn’t nothing. So under public pressure Santorum withdrew his children from the cyber school, but refused to reimburse the Penn Hills School District.
    “Why do I owe them money for a bill they approved that was lawful? I don’t owe them anything.”
    Santorum’s wife, Karen, now home schools the children [[presumably in Virginia). And the Penn Hills School District has had to go to court to get back the $100,000 – spending even MORE time and MORE taxpayer dollars to get back money Santorum never should have pursued in the first place.

From Santorumexposed.com

People who graciously say that Santorum misunderstands JFK's stand on separation of church and state are being too kind. His bilking of the PA school for his kids' tuition shows he's a crook primarily interested in getting what he can for himself and his family. He hasn't misunderstood JFK; he is misrepresenting JFK. He's an embarrassment to the catholic church. Maybe the church can use the excuse that he should have gone to a catholic college to have some christian values instilled in him.

And it sounds like he perpetrated a fraud against that school district. Why does he still have a law license?