Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: MSP Layoffs

Default MSP Layoffs

As reported in the Detroit News today, "Opposition to the trooper layoffs is escalating and was slammed Thursday by Senate Majority Leader Mike Bishop, R-Rochester, who said the department needs to find a better way to cut costs."

I've got a great idea. Sell all the MSP vehicles [[keep a couple of busses) and send the 1,000 man staff in to Detroit to walk beats! They'd still be available to rendezvous for riot duty elsewhere, and the 83 county sheriff's department can handle the speeders in cow country.

As an old DPD beat walker, I'm only half kidding. Maybe not even that much.

this makes me madder yet that they went through the state and changed out the font on the highway signs to make them "more readable." hey, if you couldn't see what was on them before, you had no business being on the road. i mean, can most people even tell the difference? then, big bold signs showed up adorning the obama bucks projects featuring granholm's name too! poor decision-making during one of michigan's darkest times, all for self-aggranholmification.